Takeshi Kitano’s film KUBI Graded with DaVinci Resolve

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Grace McInnis

Blackmagic Design

Takeshi Kitano’s film KUBI Graded with DaVinci Resolve

PostTue May 07, 2024 7:05 pm

Blackmagic Design today announced that DaVinci Resolve Studio and DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panel were used for the grading of Takeshi Kitano's latest film "KUBI." The grading was performed by Tetsuji Yamashita, a colorist at IMAGICA Entertainment Media Services, using the DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panel.

Written, directed and edited by Takeshi Kitano, "KUBI" is a grand scale historical drama based on the well known event "Honno-ji Incident" from Japan's Sengoku period. The film, in which humor is present even amidst overwhelming depictions of violence, features an ensemble cast including Hidetoshi Nishijima, Ryo Kase, Shido Nakamura, Tadanobu Asano and Nao Omori.

"I was approached about this project about three years ago. I've been watching Kitano's films since my student days, and they've played a significant role in inspiring me to enter this industry, so I was thrilled to be involved," said colorist Tetsuji Yamashita.

For more information, please visit: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/ ... 0240507-01

Return to Announcements