Multicam Resets its Timecode

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

kb888bk

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 am

Hi there!

I am creating a multicam with my cameras and adding the audio files to be independent of the camera multicam clip.

I am recording with the ATEM Mini Pro ISO (4 cameras) and an external audio using Zoom F8n Pro (3 audio channels). The ATEM & Zoom are time synched each with a Diety.

I created a multicam with the cameras, but I need the external audio to be independent of the multicam clip. The problem I keep running in to--when I create the multicam clip using just the camera footage, open it in the timeline and add the audio files (that I do not want to be part of the multicam) and try to synch the audio to the multicam using timecode, the multicam clip has created a new timecode and will not line up with the added audio clips--even though they all do have the same embedded timecode (verified).

Other than manually aligning the multicam to the audio files, is there a way to line these up using timecode?

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas? Please & thank you! :-)

Joe Shapiro

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 6:16 am

I think compound clips in general (things that are essentially timelines) don’t inherit the timecode of any of their underlying clips. I imagine this is by design but it would sometimes be really helpful if they did. This is clearly one of those times.
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.6
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

kb888bk

Re: Multicam Resets its Timecode

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 11:19 pm

Joe Shapiro wrote:I think compound clips in general (things that are essentially timelines) don’t inherit the timecode of any of their underlying clips. I imagine this is by design but it would sometimes be really helpful if they did. This is clearly one of those times.

Agreed! Thank you!

Return to Getting Started