Just one more SDI in?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jibun no kage

Just one more SDI in?

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 am

Just one more SDI in? We have a ATEM TV 4K8 switcher. Enjoying it to be sure. However, is there anyway to get more than 8 functional SDI inputs on the ATEM TV4K8?

Here is the issue, we have 4 inputs for our 4 cameras, we have 2 inputs we use from devices that we run media files and other input sources. We have 2 inputs we use for alpha/key lower thirds. That is our 8 inputs, all works. But now the request has come in for one more input, additional camera.

I don't see any way to expand the inputs on the ATEM TV 4K8. You can expand outputs but using a SDI distribution box, to say given an ATEM Extreme ISO more than 4 outputs (to support tally/CCI). But nothing similar for inputs?

So our only realistic option for additional inputs, is a different ATEM model? If so, which model has say 10 or 12 SDI inputs? I keep trying to google "ATEM 12 SDI inputs" and the blasted Google return is 12G this or that... it just is not parsing the '12 inputs' right.

One idea was to route our multiple media devices through our hub, using a single input rather than 2 or 3 direct to the ATEM switch, this changes our work flow for the technical directors, but that would work, if there is not a ATEM switch that has say 12 inputs?

Charles Bennett

Re: Just one more SDI in?

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 7:52 am

There is a whole ATEM section in the Products page of the Blackmagic website.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products
Resolve Studio 19.0b2 build 25
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

jibun no kage

Re: Just one more SDI in?

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 11:01 pm

So if I understand the ATEM product line correctly... You need a ATEM M/E Advanced Panel, connected to a ATEM M/E Constellation, to go above and beyond what the ATEM TV 4K8 supports, for example total inputs above 8.

Return to Getting Started