Mini mic works on laptop but not on bmpcc 4k

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

afplastina

Mini mic works on laptop but not on bmpcc 4k

PostMon May 06, 2024 1:18 am

Sorry if this is a little bit of a dummy question, but I bought the SLINT Lapel Microphone which are clip-on mini mics for recording interviews on the bmpcc 4k. When I plug it into my MacBook, it works great. I don't know why but it refuses to work on the bmpcc.

I have the audio set to the 3.5mm left and right mics, but it still won't work. I think it might be an issue with with the fact that the SLINT mic has a TRRS connector. But I tried another mic with a TRRS cord and it worked great, so at this point I'm not sure what the problem is. I can't really use the mic that works for my new project because it's a big mic and I wanted to use the clip-on mic for the interview.

Should I buy a TRRS to TRS converter for the clip-on mic and see if it works or should I just buy an entirely new clip-on mic? I can't refund the mic since I've had it for two months now so I'm hoping that buying a converted is a cheaper solution.

ShaheedMalik

Re: Mini mic works on laptop but not on bmpcc 4k

PostMon May 06, 2024 4:36 pm

You gotta buy an adapter.

afplastina

Re: Mini mic works on laptop but not on bmpcc 4k

PostTue May 07, 2024 7:16 pm

ShaheedMalik wrote:You gotta buy an adapter.

Hello! Can you specify which adapter I should buy? The clip-on mics have a built in 3.5mm jack. Should I buy a 3.5mm female to XLR mini male? Or a TRRS to TRS? Links to your recommended adapters would be great, I’m a complete newbie to bmpcc.

Thank you!

Return to Cinematography