Audio Inputs for BMPCC 6kPro: Transforming a 3.5mm to XLR

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Nicola91

Audio Inputs for BMPCC 6kPro: Transforming a 3.5mm to XLR

PostWed May 08, 2024 4:28 pm

I have two mics that have a 3.5 output cable into the camera (A VideoMicPro and a Wireless Go II).
I would like to use both mics at the same time one on the interviewed subject, the other to capture the background, but since there is only one 3.5 plug in the BMPCC 6kPro I'm trying to figure a way to use the other audio inputs on the camera to avoid using an external recorder.

I have tried using an adapter that transforms the 3.5cable into mini xlr but the adapters don't seem to work,
the audio channel set on XLR-1 or XLR-2 doesn't show any movement. I have bought a male TRStereo Audio to male Mini XLR 3 Pin by Amazon Brand XMSJSIY and tried it on the Wireless GO II without success and a female 3,5 to male Mini XLR and tried it on the VideoMicPro and Wireless GO II without any result.

Do you have any suggestions on specific adapters from 3.5 to miniXLR or from your experience do you think there is no way for these type of mics to transform their output to a different source available on the BMPCC 6K pro.

Thank you very much for your help
Nicola Robilant

Return to Cinematography