I have 8 different microphone inputs within Fairlight

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Spacebar

I have 8 different microphone inputs within Fairlight

PostTue Jun 07, 2022 6:29 pm

Hello, I made a Reddit post about this, but I've been waiting for it to be approved and I stumbled across this thread, so I figured I'd ask for some help here too.

When attempting to patch my audio input to record into Resolve, I'm seeing 8 different devices. Out of all the tutorials I've looked at, there are only two. I have a Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen audio interface and a Rode Podmic microphone. I've attached screenshots below of what I'm seeing, along with my settings.

I've tried patching the first two options and recording, but there was no sound, so I unpatched the first two and tried 3 and 4. That didn't work, so I unpatched and continued to do the same thing for all inputs. No dice.

Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Spacebar

Re: I have 8 different microphone inputs within Fairlight

PostWed Jun 08, 2022 10:54 am

After lots and lots of digging, I've realized a few things. A) This is occurring directly within Windows, if I navigate to Device Manager and press view hidden devices, I can see the other 7 devices that are named exactly as they are in Davinci Resolve and B) it appears Equalizer APO is causing the issue. If I uninstall Equalizer APO, the issue goes away.

What does't make sense is after I delete the duplicates from Windows and reboot, the issue persists. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling my sound drivers but have had no luck.

My current workaround has been to use Voicemeeter to mirror my microphone to a virtual cable, then use that virtual cable within Resolve.

The one thing I don't understand is why every application aside from Resolve is having this issue. Everything works fine in Windows, Audacity, Voicemeeter, OBS, Equalizer APO, etc. Does Resolve use an atypical method of getting device information?

DanielNy

PostSun Apr 09, 2023 12:39 pm

EqualizerAPO (and the PEACE-extension) I use is also interfering with my DaVinci Resolve 18 ( free version )
I also get 7 duplicates of whatever mic I am using.
None of them actually transmit any sound.

This is really unfortunate, because I am using EqualizerAPO (PEACE) to amp up the volume on my microphone. My Blue Yeti is otherwise waaay to quiet.

luckily it was enough to uninstall EqualizerAPO for my microphone, at least I can keep it on my headphones...
I went from having 8 to having 2 of the same name (Blue USB audio)

Have you tried all

sfx/gfx/efx/mfx options in troubleshooting? Maybe one EqualizerAPO mode would be compatible with DaVinci resolve?

– I'm new on this forum, why can't I paste in images?

Vystyk

PostMon May 29, 2023 9:10 pm

I was having the same issue with the microphone showing 8 times, its a Corsair headset. I tested another mic (not fit for recording) and that worked fine.

After a few hours trying Voicemeeter and my other corsair headset and other suggestions from forums, I finally uninstalled iCue and now it works perfectly. I wish I had never installed iCue, I bet its been responsible for many issues over the years.

Tibsun

PostTue Jan 30, 2024 12:49 pm

DanielNy wrote:EqualizerAPO (and the PEACE-extension) I use is also interfering with my DaVinci Resolve 18 ( free version )
I also get 7 duplicates of whatever mic I am using.
None of them actually transmit any sound.

This is really unfortunate, because I am using EqualizerAPO (PEACE) to amp up the volume on my microphone. My Blue Yeti is otherwise waaay to quiet.

luckily it was enough to uninstall EqualizerAPO for my microphone, at least I can keep it on my headphones...
I went from having 8 to having 2 of the same name (Blue USB audio)

– I'm new on this forum, why can't I paste in images?

You saved me - Thank you!
I saw 8 Inputs not one transmitting sound in Resolve.
I had a notion that it would be the Equalizer APO but I thought turning off any enhancements on windows would do it aswell.
Apparently I did it wrong and just should have uninstalled the Mic In on EQ APO
It would have taken more time if I wouldn't have read your post.
Luckily, I don't need the EQ APO for Mic In anyways.

manray55

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 12:46 am

Vystyk wrote:I was having the same issue with the microphone showing 8 times, its a Corsair headset. I tested another mic (not fit for recording) and that worked fine.

After a few hours trying Voicemeeter and my other corsair headset and other suggestions from forums, I finally uninstalled iCue and now it works perfectly. I wish I had never installed iCue, I bet its been responsible for many issues over the years.

Thank you Victor..... Removed iCue and got my Corsair headset microphone working.

KudzuRaccoon

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 8:08 pm

Same issue. Windows 11. I dont have any of the software you guys mentioned installed.

Are there any other suggestions to fix this? Every other audio program on my system only sees one microphone and works fine. Descript, CapCut, Windows Voice Recorder, Skype, Telegram, WhatsApp and more.... Only Davinci has this problem.

Sicilionada

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 11:06 pm

Hey Kudzu, same problem as you. I also don't have any of this software. Figured something out?

KudzuRaccoon

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 am

I have an external mic now. When I use an external mic instead of the built in microphone it ok.

Return to DaVinci Resolve