Keyframe stretcher not working on fusion effect template

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Patrick Spadrille

Keyframe stretcher not working on fusion effect template

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 4:55 pm

I try to use the time stretcher for a simple effect that will zooms in at the beginning of the clip and zooms out at the end. I have set the keyframes (animation of 10 frames at the beginning and 10 frames at the end) and the animation works fine. Then i add the keyframe stretcher juste after my stransform node and before the Media Out node. I have set the source end at 100 (my clip is 4sec 25fps), the stretch start at 11 and the stretch end at 89. But then, what happens is that the end animation just disappears. What am i doing wrong?
I can use the keyframe stretcher without any issue with titles or generators. Is that not working for effects?
MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB Unified Memory. Internal SSD 1TB.

Patrick Spadrille

Re: Keyframe stretcher not working on fusion effect template

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 5:29 pm

i have made a new discovery. If the entire clip is used (no trim at all), the keyframe stretcher does it's job, but i can't reduce the length of the clip otherwise i will loose the end animation. In other words, the keyframe stretcher is not responsive when i modify the length of a clip or if i apply it to a trimmed clip. It just adapt to the duration of an entire clip. Is that normal?
MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB Unified Memory. Internal SSD 1TB.

BartReynaard

Re: Keyframe stretcher not working on fusion effect template

PostThu May 02, 2024 2:35 pm

Patrick Spadrille wrote:i have made a new discovery. If the entire clip is used (no trim at all), the keyframe stretcher does it's job, but i can't reduce the length of the clip otherwise i will loose the end animation. In other words, the keyframe stretcher is not responsive when i modify the length of a clip or if i apply it to a trimmed clip. It just adapt to the duration of an entire clip. Is that normal?

It happens to me as well. Really bad node. I opened today a topic about.
Bart
________
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 on Windows 11 Pro 23H2

Prod. Machine: Ryzen 7 64GB 3.54 GHz
Video: MSI GeForce 4060Ti 16GB
Monitors: 1 x 3840x1440 widescreen, 2 x 1920 x 1080 16:9
Audio: Behringer UMC1820
Blackmagic Speed Editor

Return to DaVinci Resolve