DaVinci crashes when moving on the timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

anni_3

DaVinci crashes when moving on the timeline

PostFri Apr 12, 2024 8:16 am

Hello,

my PC did an Windows 10 Update this week, so I suppose the trouble is there..
I already updated the Radeon driver, because I had this problem early march and I solved it this way.

But now I can't move on my timeline or do anything really without DaVinci crashing.

the Resolve logs are too big, any idea how I could attach them?
Here is a link: https://filetransfer.io/data-package/3MYwWZy0#link

Thanks a lot in advance!
Attachments
DxDiag.zip
(158.74 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

clorell2

Re: DaVinci crashes when moving on the timeline

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 5:53 am

Mine also started crashing whenever I move on the timeline. I'm overpowered on specs so that is not the issue. I tried updating from 18.6.1 to 18.6.6 and same issue. Sometimes if I move very slowly on the timeline it won't crash. Zooming out will crash it. If I work very slowly in only one tiny portion of the timeline it won't crash. I'm pretty much dead in the water and can't use Resolve. It is the most easily repeatable bug I've seen. zoom out or scroll on timeline at moderate speed and immediate crash. Can't be a coincidence that this is happening to us around the same time. Perhaps this issue much wider that it appears than on this forum.

klg53j

Re: DaVinci crashes when moving on the timeline

PostWed May 08, 2024 4:42 pm

I was crashing while scrolling also and now it crashes when I just open the project. The product is unusable right now.

Return to DaVinci Resolve