Resolve Not Opening

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

kjlongtine

Resolve Not Opening

PostTue Apr 23, 2024 3:52 pm

Macbook Pro M1 Max - Sonoma 14.1 - Resolve 18 (tried reverting and updated to current) SNS Media Server

I had this happen just prior to heading out to NAB. Out of the blue - I went to open Resolve and I get to the splash screen "Loading projects" and boom "good bye". I tried all the forum tips n tricks with no luck. What did work, at least temporarily, is doing a deep dive and manually deleting anything I could find related to "Resolve". I reinstalled and it did start up - but of course I lost everything including projects. I wrote this off for the time being because I was leaving for a few weeks of NAB and a brief vacation and would dive back into the issue upon return. I came back and... Resolve will again not open. I have sent the error reports to the tech team and I am waiting for a response. But, I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. The number one reason I went to Resolve over Premiere was stability. Up till now I have had great stability with Resolve. I still use both, but now I am really freaking out on this. I have the project library backed up multiple places but I cannot get resolve to open. I don't have access to another mac to try and open (at this time) and bring the database back to life. There has to be a bad file or some corruption going on. I did have artlist plug in - but uninstalled it as part of my troubleshooting.
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20240422-121556.tgz
(504.2 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

kjlongtine

Re: Resolve Not Opening

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 2:32 pm

I tried manually deleting everything as well as using the "Uninstall" Resolve. Tried older versions of Resolve - even tried Beta. Still starts loading then gets to "loading project files"... and stops - no error menu - nothing. I have no response from tech team so I assume they are swamped or stumped. Could this be a license (reg key) glitch? I have hidden files exposed but see nothing that would be associated with license etc. :roll:

Return to DaVinci Resolve