Resolve Not Importing Audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

NicoEdits

Resolve Not Importing Audio

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 pm

Hi all, Sorry I'm REALLY new to video editing and thus am not sure if I may have messed something up. I really like using Davinci and even plan on getting the full version, but recently when I import media it only brings the video not the audio.
I have no wave form.

The videos are MP4 and MKV files i captured on OBS. The codecs appear to be in line with what Davinci Resolve works with.

This was on Davinci 18. I made videos just fine and one day this started. I upgraded to the most recent version of 18 and no change. Uninstalled and reinstalled 19. Still no change.

I am on a windows machine. Please make me aware of any settings I can try to make this work.

If I drag the same videos with no sound to another Video editing software they DO have sound and wave forms.

Uli Plank

Re: Resolve Not Importing Audio

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 2:42 am

Can you post a short sample to a free cloud service and give us here the link?
The FAQs tell you how to handle this as a newcomer.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Reynaud Venter

Re: Resolve Not Importing Audio

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 am

Is the source Low Complexity AAC? Use MediaInfo to inspect the source.

Convert the source audio to LPCM prior to import in to Resolve and confirm source media imports.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve