Relinking Not Possible?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

AJKinOHIO

Relinking Not Possible?

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 am

I'm trying to relink this voice over and when I right click it there is no option to do so.

I tried using that little red chain icon to search for the folder, that went through over 8,000 folders to no avail.

The file exists, and I can see it in a folder, so I know it's available, I just can't get the program to find it :(
Attachments
Takedown.jpg
Takedown.jpg (855.53 KiB) Viewed 722 times
ajk
-------
www.portagelakesmedia.com

Sean Nelson

Re: Relinking Not Possible?

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 am

Have you gone to the media page and right-clicked on the clip there? If you choose "Relink selected clip" from the right-click menu you should get a dialog box that lets you navigate to the clip in the file system so you can select it.
DR Studio 18.6.4 Build 6, Win10Pro x64 22H2/19045.3570
Asus C246 Pro Motherboard, Xeon E-2278G@3.4GHz, 64GB ECC RAM
GeForce 3060 12GB, "Studio" driver 512.15
OS,Library: 1TB NVMe SSD - Project,Cache: 1TB NVMe SSD

DarkSector

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 am

Yes not possible...

After so many Updates, Still there is no fixing for relinking clips at all. Resolve is trun blind eye on this or should resolve has decided to stay deaf on this matter.

When ever I Move my project to another pc and want to relink my clips out of 40 clips only around 30 clips links and other clips not. This relinks problem is here for ages now....my all video and all this organizes. Still, either I have to manually relink clips one by one (Like image having 200 movie shots.)
or replace clips

Like really hard to believe that in the whole Black magi company no has encounter this issue. When we are facing this issue for ages now and using work around to solve this...but it's getting out of hand right now.

AJKinOHIO

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 4:31 pm

Sean Nelson wrote:Have you gone to the media page and right-clicked on the clip there? If you choose "Relink selected clip" from the right-click menu you should get a dialog box that lets you navigate to the clip in the file system so you can select it.

Yes, I thought of that. But when you think about it it doesn't make sense. The file doesn't need relinked. It's there and the program sees that it's there it just somehow hasn't made the connection between timeline and file location. If you do relink and choose its folder, nothing happens, and that is to be expected.

I keep thinking maybe it has something to do with the missing VO being that lighter colored red, did you notice that?
Attachments
Takedown2.JPG
Takedown2.JPG (25.2 KiB) Viewed 312 times
ajk
-------

Sean Nelson

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 5:19 pm

AJKinOHIO wrote:I keep thinking maybe it has something to do with the missing VO being that lighter colored red, did you notice that?

I think that's just because it's selected. If you click on a different clip then that other clip should get the red border and highlighted name.
DR Studio 18.6.4 Build 6, Win10Pro x64 22H2/19045.3570
Asus C246 Pro Motherboard, Xeon E-2278G@3.4GHz, 64GB ECC RAM
GeForce 3060 12GB, "Studio" driver 512.15
OS,Library: 1TB NVMe SSD - Project,Cache: 1TB NVMe SSD

AJKinOHIO

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 pm

I selected the video clip above it just in case. I've never seen a light red track that's broken, it's always been that deep red. That has to mean something... Only thing I can think to do is hunt through the manual.
Attachments
Takedown3.JPG
Takedown3.JPG (53.06 KiB) Viewed 289 times
ajk
-------

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 09, 2024 4:12 am

Is the clip long enough for this timeline spot?

If you make a new track above the current one and drag the VO to that track, does it have enough length, and plays correctly?

Either way, you can also select the media pool clip then in the timeline right click and select conform lock with media pool clip.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve