Need help exporting 6k Footage

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

esauphoto

Need help exporting 6k Footage

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 5:16 am

Hello, I am not the best at explaining things so please bare with me. I also am not as knowledgeable as others on this forum about Davinci resolve.

I have only ever worked with 1080p footage and so this would be the first time I'm working with anything above that. I am currently in the process of exporting a video which is in 6k. Every time that I go to export, It appears that my footage goes down in resolution. When scrubbing through the timeline the footage looks excellent.

It isn't until I hit export when the quality appears to drop. I reviewed all the footage I have exported just to make sure that its not just what it looks like when I export. I have attached some photos to this post to show what I'm talking about hopefully the difference is as evident as it is on my monitor.. I mainly see it on the shadow of my mic on the background.

Again, it looks good when scrubbing but then it goes down the drain once I export. I have tried many different export settings and nothing seems to fix the issue and I have watched and read countless hours of tutorials. I have made sure that all my resolutions are the same along with the bit rate settings matching that of the footage I filmed.

I have messed around with many codec options and bitrate options but the issue still persists no matter the change. I very much appreciate any help that can be given as I am beginning to go crazy and feel a bit hopeless. :cry:
Attachments
fine.jpg
fine.jpg (320.94 KiB) Viewed 229 times
not fine.png
not fine.png (804.49 KiB) Viewed 229 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Need help exporting 6k Footage

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 8:47 am

What is the source clip and timeline resolution?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Cary Knoop

Re: Need help exporting 6k Footage

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 2:27 pm

Going by the name of your clips H264 Main L 4.0 it seems to indicate they are Level 4.0 H.264 encodings, L 4.0 has as far as I know no 6k resolution capability.

Return to DaVinci Resolve