Database incompatible

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mrnick123

Database incompatible

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 2:20 pm

Hello,

For the longest time we have our editors using DaVinci Resolve (various versions) with a central Postgres DB (version 9.5)

I've just installed a new database on a new server that runs Postgres 13

I had one of the editors connect to the new database, create new databases, and copy / paste all the projects across. He now sees the projects in the new database (he is using Resolve Studio 18.6.3)

I attempted to connect to his database with another machine running Resolve (free) 18.6.3, but I get an error "Incompatible (not upgradable) project library "unknown", application requires <18.1.0.004"

The details tab lists the database as incompatible with the above message. I don't see any options about upgrading databases.

Is this because I'm using non Studio? Or is there something else amiss?

Thanks

mrnick123

Re: Database incompatible

PostTue May 07, 2024 3:26 pm

So if anyone is interested, more testing showed this came down to user account permissions in Postgres.

Different users setup in Postgres couldn't see each others projects.

All got that cryptic error: "Incompatible (not upgradable) project library "unknown", application requires <18.1.0.004"

This was despite all users using the same version of resolve (18.6.3), and using the same PC, and creating brand new projects.

The fix (for now) is to grant the users the superuser privilidge in pgadmin. I don't like it, but unless someone can tell me the exact permissions each user requires this will have to do.

Not sure where the error comes from, seems misleading.

John Waldmann

Re: Database incompatible

PostWed May 08, 2024 12:23 pm

Does using project server keys circumvent the permissions issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to DaVinci Resolve