Opening RAW files created by the SAVER node davinci

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

martyeu

Opening RAW files created by the SAVER node davinci

PostWed May 01, 2024 2:49 am

Hey everyone,

I'm facing a challenge with a large Fusion composition consisting of around 300 nodes. It's a composite image of Prague from an aerial perspective, with added elements like animations and objects.

Now, the final step involves zooming into specific areas and moving the camera around. However, this is proving difficult because each frame takes about 10 seconds to load.

Here's the node tree structure:
300 nodes > Saver (Loader) > Transform

When I attempted to render in place, each file ended up being around 680MB. For 9984 frames, that's a whopping 6.47TB, which is impractical given my storage limitations (I only have a 4TB SSD).

I've tried using the Saver node, but encountered similar issues. Then, I discovered the LifeSaver node from Reactor, which reduced file sizes to 350MB, making them somewhat manageable, albeit barely.

Now that I've rendered these raw files, I'd like to convert them to a different format. However, I'm facing compatibility issues – I can't open them with anything other than the DaVinci Loader node. I've tried software like Photoshop, Windows Photos, and GIMP without success.

I only need these files for preview purposes, so I can work more efficiently with the Transform node. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Return to DaVinci Resolve