Dragging node in tracker source not working (Mac)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MEM42H2G2

Dragging node in tracker source not working (Mac)

PostThu May 02, 2024 5:46 pm

I'm in a very interesting Davinci tutorial, around min 49

https://downloads.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... siting.zip

and I'm repeating every step during the tutorial. Everything works so far, except the dragging and dropping of my "foreground" node into the tracker source (in "Modifiers" in the inspector). I tried several times, went back and double-checked every steps, redid it again, still not working.

I'm wondering again if this operation might be different using a Mac ? Do I have to hold down a key while dropping the node in place since I'm in a Mac environment ? Or is my DaVinci Resolve 18.6.6 just not functioning properly ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Marie-Eve

MEM42H2G2

Re: Dragging node in tracker source not working (Mac)

PostTue May 07, 2024 6:42 pm

Anybody ?

KrunoSmithy

PostTue May 07, 2024 7:49 pm

Other than simple left mouse button click hold and drop operation there should not be any big mystery about it. You must hold the mouse button as you drag it. To my knowlage there is no other key needed other than left mouse button. As long as you hold it as you drag a node to the tracker source field.

MEM42H2G2

PostWed May 08, 2024 4:13 pm

KrunoSmithy wrote:Other than simple left mouse button click hold and drop operation there should not be any big mystery about it. You must hold the mouse button as you drag it. To my knowlage there is no other key needed other than left mouse button. As long as you hold it as you drag a node to the tracker source field.

I have used drag and drop ever since I've used computers, for decades, so it's not that I don't know how to drag and drop - even my grandma would know how to drag and drop. Ergo the level of my frustration when such an easy action doesn't function.

There are a great many differences when one uses a Mac computer with Davinci, so I thought there might have been a possible unmentioned special key needed for that action in that specific instance. There have been many bugs since I've started using Davinci Resolve Studio, and for a very small few of them turning off the program and turning it on again worked, but in this instance it did not. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the incompatibility problems of Sonoma OS with so many software. Apple is very frustrating in that way.

Return to DaVinci Resolve