Full Manual for New Micro Color Panel

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Richard

Full Manual for New Micro Color Panel

PostFri May 03, 2024 9:53 pm

Does anyone know where one "...download the full product manual..." noted in the Quick Start Guide for the Micro Color Panel?

Marc Wielage

Re: Full Manual for New Micro Color Panel

PostSat May 04, 2024 2:36 am

Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 04, 2024 3:51 am

A more detailed manual for the micro color panel is scheduled to coincide with the release and the full manual
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

John Richard

PostSat May 04, 2024 2:06 pm

Thanks Peter for that info.
The Quick Start Guide Mark referenced is pretty good and comes with the panel.

The Resolve 18 version I was on didn't have a Preferences Panel choice for the new Micro Color Panel and the older Micro Panel preset did not work for the new Micro Color Panel. Resolution was to update to Resolve 19 which did include the Preference preset for this new panel. I was in between projects so I could update to 19. Peter, for those who are mid-project, are there any versions of Resolve 18 that will use this new Micro Color Panel?

After using this new panel, I am happy to report it is fabulous! After 4 hrs of use I am very comfortable with it and have learned to reach for quick buttons instead of keyboard short cuts and mouse use. The panel speeds up the process while gaining better accuracy.
Only minor issue I have are that the labels for the top row of dials are not backlit. All the other buttons are backlit. Other than that, i can't say enough good things about it. This new panel is a great, well thought out product and great value. Highly recommend it.

Return to DaVinci Resolve