Resolve Won't Open

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

joerunnerusa

Resolve Won't Open

PostSat May 04, 2024 1:47 pm

I've been using Davinci Resolve since version 17 with no issues. Starting yesterday, I run Resolve (18.6.6), and after 15-20 seconds, it shuts down. There's no message. It does this every time I try to run.

I thought to look in the Windows Event Logs, and under Windows Logs->System there is this message each time Resolve closes: "The certificate received from the remote server has not validated correctly. The error code is 0x80092013. The TLS connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate."

I thought I would try to install on another machine to see if it was a machine issue. I tried to activate, and got a message that there was a problem with registration.

I updated my NVidia video drivers and that didn't help anything. There don't appear to have been any windows updates on my machine since the last time I used Resolve (three days ago with no issue).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm frustrated and have deadlines.

Jim Simon

Re: Resolve Won't Open

PostMon May 06, 2024 11:41 pm

Give the FAQ a good read. It goes over some troubleshooting steps, as well as what information to post if those fail.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 07, 2024 2:43 am

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows Desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open the Windows System Information app and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here. Make sure the links don't require access credentials.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

joerunnerusa

PostTue May 07, 2024 12:39 pm

I looked at the windows event logs, and noticed that the software was attempting to access a non-https url at blackmagic design. For whatever reason, just in the last week or so, I am unable to access non-https sites. I turned off my wifi and brought up Resolve, and it did not shut down. I determined that it must be the check for updates causing the shutdown, and so I turned that off, and now it is working as normal. I'm assuming that's the also reason that I couldn't activate on a different machine.

I'm not sure what has caused this. Maybe there was an update to my router or something - I don't know.
Is there a way to change the check for updates to an https url? I guess I'm concerned now that if I have to re-install DR that it won't be able to activate. I'm definitely open to any suggestions.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 08, 2024 3:27 am

Without the requested info, I can't say.

But if you are using Resolve Studio 18.6.5 or 18.6.6, and you have Network Proxies enabled, that will cause activation to fail.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

joerunnerusa

PostSat May 18, 2024 3:41 am

The logs from when this was initially happening are located here:
_https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YSFTLMSNIDq1zH9H9lEppK6XOfXEUMlQ?usp=drive_link

I thought I had this solved by disabling the check for updates, but it started happening again today. Turning off wifi allows me to use DR.

Return to DaVinci Resolve