Issues with using Atomos Ninja V as a second monitor

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

alex.starbuck

Issues with using Atomos Ninja V as a second monitor

PostSun May 05, 2024 5:01 pm

Hi all,

I own a Ninja V camera monitor, which would be great to use as my "vertical video program monitor". I managed to hook it up via HDMI cable to my Macbook Pro 16 Max M1 but there were some issues.

At first I couldn't get the "Dual monitor" option via Resolve, it was greyed out. I BELIEVE I solved that one in Mac OS Display settings by changing "Mirror" to "Extend displays" for the Ninja V.

I then managed to send the Program monitoring feed (clean feed) to the Ninja V but the image looked WAY washed out. Any idea which color space does the Ninja display show?

Also, as soon as I hit play in the EDIT page, the Ninja started rhytmically loosing signal (turning on and off), as if there was something wrong with the framerate/refresh rate combo?

Display settings showed 60 HZ refresh rate, the Ninja displayed UHD60 at the top left corner and my timeline was 29.97 (Instagram reel).

Thanks!

Ken.Rennie

Re: Issues with using Atomos Ninja V as a second monitor

PostSun May 05, 2024 7:31 pm

I have nothing useful to add.

This does sound as though it may be a way to achieve monitoring with high color quality in a small package, that we may already own!
- -
Because I have been asked this scores of times, this link explains how to access all the Resolve pages on iPads:
https://www.provideocoalition.com/unlock-all-the-resolve-for-ipad-pages/

Comments by BM’s Peter Chamberlain, included.

Return to DaVinci Resolve