Fonts missing from the drop list in Studio Version (Windows)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

UKNOWWHY

Fonts missing from the drop list in Studio Version (Windows)

PostMon May 06, 2024 7:54 pm

Hi there, I searched really hard and can't find any solution.

The issue I encountered is,

I purchased and installed 250 fonts(English and East Asian language ones) on my Windows 11 Pro Workstation.

The fonts can be selected from the font drop list in any MS Office software or Adobe's.

In Davinci Resolve, the situation is wired. If I choose 'Text' title, only a few fonts missing from the drop list, I assume might be something wrong with font at first. However, when I choose 'Text+' title, there are only 69 fonts showing up.

There is definitely something wrong with Davinci Resolve. Can somebody help?

Thank you.

Jim Simon

Re: Fonts missing from the drop list in Studio Version (Wind

PostMon May 06, 2024 10:42 pm

Unfortunately, it's very likely you will have to choose other fonts. Or, create the title in a photo editor like Affinity. Or maybe try the 19 beta, as there is additional Font support there.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

UKNOWWHY

Re: Fonts missing from the drop list in Studio Version (Wind

PostFri May 10, 2024 9:31 pm

Jim Simon wrote:Unfortunately, it's very likely you will have to choose other fonts. Or, create the title in a photo editor like Affinity. Or maybe try the 19 beta, as there is additional Font support there.

Thanks for the rely. I purchased a program called Font Creator and spent hours on these fonts.

I finally found the answer for me. I found these fonts not sold be the big companies and lacking some information in the 'Font Properties', such as 'full font name'. And some fonts just simply place the fonts' names to wrong region/code section. Such as typed a non-English name into the English name section or on the other way.

Hope it helps.

Return to DaVinci Resolve