Resolve crashing on startup

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Patrick Zagury

Resolve crashing on startup

PostMon May 06, 2024 10:48 pm

I installed Beta 19 and after one successful launch, any further attempt was met with "DaVinci Resolve Quit Unexpectedly". I then updated to Beta 2 with no more success. I went back to 18.6 and still no luck.

I have an M1 MBP laptop. Never had an issue before.

Here's the log file with the 18.6 crash.

Help would be very appreciated.
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20240506-183816.tgz
(447.55 KiB) Downloaded 307 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve crashing on startup

PostTue May 07, 2024 4:30 am

Open System Settings. Select Network. Select your active network device. Select Details. Select Proxies.

Do you have anything configured in the Proxies area?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

mrlauritee

PostTue May 07, 2024 7:34 am

Hey, I have the same issue. I am on Davinci Resolve Studio 19 beta 2 version and just yesterday, all was fine but then after closing it and trying to reopen it, it gets stuck on the license area it seems and doesn't load further from that. When I check the operational quote, it states "not responding". I am on M1 Macbook Pro 16, 64gb ram version.

Patrick Zagury

PostTue May 07, 2024 1:00 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Open System Settings. Select Network. Select your active network device. Select Details. Select Proxies.

Do you have anything configured in the Proxies area?

Yes I do. The computer is on an enterprise environment with firewalls and filters set up. Why should I need Internet to use Resolve?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 07, 2024 5:40 pm

Because you are using an activation code. If you want to be totally internet free, using a Resolve USB dongle would be recommended.

The proxies issue started with Resolve 18.6.5. It will hopefully be addressed in 19 by the time it's out of beta. For now, either disable proxies, or use Resolve 18.6.4, which does not have this issue.
Dwaine Maggart

Patrick Zagury

PostTue May 07, 2024 6:18 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Because you are using an activation code. If you want to be totally internet free, using a Resolve USB dongle would be recommended.

The proxies issue started with Resolve 18.6.5. It will hopefully be addressed in 19 by the time it's out of beta. For now, either disable proxies, or use Resolve 18.6.4, which does not have this issue.

Ah. Understood. Yes, it would be great if this was resolved (pun intended) as I don't plan on disabling proxies.
Thanks for your help.

Patrick Zagury

PostTue May 07, 2024 6:19 pm

Can you please let me know what the landing page is that Resolve uses? I can get that cleared by the IT department.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 07, 2024 10:40 pm

That won't help with the proxies issue.

If you are having an issue contacting the activation server with 18.6.4, then our guidance is to white list these 2 URLs:

blackmagic.hostedactivation.com
https://licensing.blackmagicdesign.com
Dwaine Maggart

Patrick Zagury

PostWed May 08, 2024 8:05 pm

18.6.4 connects without an issue.
I do not have a Proxy set up on my computer yet crash occurs with later version.
Possibly there's a proxy set up with on of our filters/firewall. I have no control over that.

Return to DaVinci Resolve