Resolve 19 Beta Unable to export individual vertical Clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Tugger

Resolve 19 Beta Unable to export individual vertical Clips

PostTue May 07, 2024 12:32 am

After updating Resolve to the v19 Beta(Studio Version), I am unable to export vertical clips at source resolution. I use a Canon R5 and frequently shoot vertical video, color, and export my clips at source resolution in Davinci, normally in Prores or H265, always using source resolution checkbox. I only color the clips before export, no trimming or timeline FX. This has never given me an issue until the recent update.

Any natively vertical video I export (2160x4096 DCI) shows up in the finder as a stretched, cropped, horizontal video. After dragging into any NLE (Davinci or FCPX) the inspector says it is 4096x4096 and the video is now squished into a square. When switching from Prores export to H265 MOV, the clip comes out at vertical resolution, but is now squished to half the frame, with the other half being stretched pixels.

When trying this same export on an intel Macintosh, the results were a horizontal video of green and black flickering pixels and no image at all. When testing this exact same thing in Windows 19 Beta there were no issues.

Downgrading to 18.6 again on the Mac gave the proper vertical result leading me to believe this must just be a bug on the Mac OS version of Resolve 19 so I've submitted a support ticket. Curious if any other mac users have had this issue in the new update.

M3 Max-Sonoma 14.4.1, Davinci 19 Studio Beta, 2160x4096(Vertical) H265 Canon R5 Footage

Return to DaVinci Resolve