no render cache in timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Leonardo Levy

no render cache in timeline

PostTue May 07, 2024 2:17 am

I'm in resolve 18.6 on a maxed M1 laptop currently trying to use Neat Video but I think I've ssen this problem previously with other effects . I cannot seem to get it to render in the timeline .
I highlight the clip and choose "Render cache color output" and also try 'Render cache Fusion Output On" and nothing happens. No red line , no blue line, and the clips continues to stutter. At the moment I'm trying it with what is probably 8 bit drone footage , but previously I'm sure I had the same experience with higher quaity 10 bit ,

Don't remember this problem on my old Imac , but iots a recent change so I don't know if that's relevant.
2021 16" Macbook Pro M1MAX (18,2), 64G RAM, 8T internal SSD, 10 Cores CPU, 32 Cores GPU, Apple Display Pro XDR, Apple Thunderbolt Display, BM UltraStudio Monitor 3G , Flanders Scientific BM211

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: no render cache in timeline

PostTue May 07, 2024 2:59 am

Do you have the Playback menu: Render Cache set to User?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Leonardo Levy

Re: no render cache in timeline

PostTue May 07, 2024 12:41 pm

Duh - Thank You .
2021 16" Macbook Pro M1MAX (18,2), 64G RAM, 8T internal SSD, 10 Cores CPU, 32 Cores GPU, Apple Display Pro XDR, Apple Thunderbolt Display, BM UltraStudio Monitor 3G , Flanders Scientific BM211

Return to DaVinci Resolve