Audio options different rendering single clip or individual

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

françois maurin

Audio options different rendering single clip or individual

PostTue May 07, 2024 3:55 am

I have a timeline with a stereo bus and 5.1 nested timelines containing 5.1 clips.

On export, if Render Individual clips is selected, there is only the choice of "Same as source", in this case 5.1 which is not what I want, or 1-8 channels in the audio export settings. None of these export a proper down mixed stereo track. For example if 2 channels is selected, it exports L on ch1 and C on ch2.

On the other hand, if Render Single clip is selected, options include any bus present. Stereo bus (properly down mixed), 5.1 bus, etc. And the possibility to add tracks, for example to have both 5.1 and 2.0 tracks into the same QT export, which is great.

Why the limitations on the Individual clips export?

Reynaud Venter

Re: Audio options different rendering single clip or individ

PostTue May 07, 2024 5:00 am

"Individual Clips" is intended as a rushes workflow using source audio rather than Timeline audio.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

françois maurin

Re: Audio options different rendering single clip or individ

PostTue May 07, 2024 10:46 pm

I think Individual clips export is powerful beyond its intended usage. It would be very useful to be able to select any audio configuration made available by the Fairlight page, considering Resolve is exporting a timeline, with all the attributes of a timeline, and not just a bunch of clips.

Return to DaVinci Resolve