Seemingly Non Existent Customer support

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Lilmanpurse

Seemingly Non Existent Customer support

PostTue May 07, 2024 2:16 pm

I purchased Davinci Resolve on saturday (4 days ago) and since then a lot of very odd and concerning things have happened. my card was charged 3 times (slightly different amounts each time) for a total of around 1500 dollars.

2 of those charges were returned yesterday after disputing with paypal but the initial charge is still on my card, funds have been removed from my bank and I have received 0 communication from blackmagic confirming the purchase or delivering the activation code. I have emailed them several times and have got nothing back, I called the phone number and was immediately sent to a generic voicemail.

How is it possible this massive company has such an utterly useless customer support system?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Seemingly Non Existent Customer support

PostWed May 08, 2024 2:46 am

Which country are you in?

It could be that online purchase is not available in that country and your paypal transaction was incorrectly completed and then correctly refunded. In which case, BMD don't even know you have made the transaction as its not a supported market for online purchase. IF you can provide some detail we can guide you further.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

xmiths

Re: Seemingly Non Existent Customer support

PostSat May 18, 2024 9:26 am

Lilmanpurse wrote:I purchased Davinci Resolve on saturday (4 days ago) and since then a lot of very odd and concerning things have happened. my card was charged 3 times (slightly different amounts each time) for a total of around 1500 dollars.

2 of those charges were returned yesterday after disputing with paypal but the initial charge is still on my card, funds have been removed from my bank and I have received 0 communication from blackmagic confirming the purchase or delivering the activation code. I have emailed them several times and have got nothing back, I called the phone number and was immediately sent to a generic voicemail.

How is it possible this massive company has such an utterly useless customer support system?

growing pains, there have been similar issues with bm cloud payments as well. Now that you've disputed it, things should settle down.

I like to think of it as they are spending their resources on creating a great product but better customer service would be appreciated too though.

Return to DaVinci Resolve