Resolve 19 Studio Beta 2 won't start after changing to ASIO

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

guyguy2003

Resolve 19 Studio Beta 2 won't start after changing to ASIO

PostWed May 08, 2024 2:04 pm

Hi there!

I have Resolve Studio, and recently upgraded to 19 Beta 2 from 18.6. At the beginning things were ok (a few crashes but mostly ok, it asked me to optimise neural something and would get stuck on that) but then I changed the audio to ASIO - I didn't get any 'asio options' (everything was greyed out) so I just pressed ok and it crashed, and after that it just crashed and I got the 'davincie resolve crashed' message every time I would start it, after the splash screen. I did send in one of those crashes logs back to blackmagic. Now I am screwed - I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and it still didn't work but also stopped getting davinci crash dialogs - it just doesn't go beyond the splash screen. I uninstalled all components after that, including fairlight engine accelerator etc and it didn't help when I reinstalled. I even removed everything and reinstalled the latest 18 version (18.6.5) and it doesn't start after the splash screen.
Please help. I didn't expect the beta to cause so much damage that I can't even go back a version.

Cheers
Guy

Reynaud Venter

Re: Resolve 19 Studio Beta 2 won't start after changing to A

PostThu May 09, 2024 8:14 am

More details as to operating system version, computer spec, and audio IO configuration would be useful.

Was the audio configuration in 18.6 exhibiting similar behaviour?

Please include a link to logs and NFO file within this thread. Instructions in the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190#16
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve