Frame.oi comments not showing up on timeline in DR Studio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

greggyb

Frame.oi comments not showing up on timeline in DR Studio

PostWed May 08, 2024 5:28 pm

Hello -

I just upgraded to Studio 18.6 so I can use frame.io for collaboration with a client for a seven episode mini-series. I uploaded the timeline from E1 and they made comments which showed right up on the timeline. Awesome. Now I uploaded E2 timeline. They made comments which are not showing up in the timeline. Frame.io has not been able to fix the issue. They say BMD wrote the Frame.io integration using their API and they need to help me resolve it.

Frame.io tech support had me select the media file and the timeline in the Media browser and right click to see if it had an option to reconnect the media. The Timeline from E1 & E2 were both connected. The Frame.io tech said to disconnect E1 from Frame.io and then reconnect it. I tried that and it disconnected, but now it won't reconnect. I'm only worried about that one in an academic way, as it has been approved by the client. The timeline from E2 is connected and yet the comments are not showing up. Pls see screenshots:

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 10.04.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 10.04.46 AM.png (176.54 KiB) Viewed 120 times

Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 10.05.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-08 at 10.05.52 AM.png (394.29 KiB) Viewed 120 times

There are many things I like about BMD and DRS, but I've never had good luck with their tech support, though I understand with studio I can call them. Meanwhile, any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

Thanks! I need to get this fixed or move on to some other less awesome, but more stable collaboration tool. I know you can do timecoded comments in vimeo but the comments don't sync the timeline. Are there any other tools I should look at?

Thanks!

Macbook pro 2019
32 GB RAM
1 TB SSD
Radeon Pro GPU 8 GB RAM
Monterey
Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6

Return to DaVinci Resolve