Audio tracks duplication bug ?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mamaprecaire

Audio tracks duplication bug ?

PostWed May 08, 2024 9:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I am working on a 17 min short movie, and am currently doing the audio edit/mixing. Everything was running smooth until earlier today I opened the project and my fairlight tab was totally messed up. Some tracks were not routed to the bus anymore, and when I would move clips they would disappear somewhere between the tracks.

I then discovered after some time that three of my audio tracks are actually two audio tracks merged together (6 audio tracks in total). It can be seen in the fairlight index. My theory is that I might have duplicated them without changing the name and when I started up davinci again, it messed up the names and merged them together.

Maybe it's something else but I would love to have some help, fairlight has become borderline unusable for this project, and I was on the verge on finishing this part of post production.

Thanks in advance for your help, screenshots are posted if you have trouble understanding my verbal indications.
Attachments
3rd.png
3rd.png (190.01 KiB) Viewed 156 times
2nd.png
2nd.png (215.7 KiB) Viewed 156 times
1st.png
1st.png (167.78 KiB) Viewed 156 times

Reynaud Venter

Re: Audio tracks duplication bug ?

PostThu May 09, 2024 5:01 am

Since this appears to be Project specific, are you able to provide a link to that Project?
(.drp without media)
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve