How can I tell if a PowerGrade has been applied?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Charles_I

How can I tell if a PowerGrade has been applied?

PostThu May 09, 2024 8:42 pm

Just starting to learn DaVinci Resolve. I've created a PowerGrade that consists of two nodes for correcting iPhone footage. One is an effect, Color Space Transform, and the other is a Custom Curve to adjust the brightness. I have saved these as a PowerGrade and I can drag the PowerGrade onto other clips which adds both nodes. However, since there doesn't seem to be any way to name the nodes - other than the assigned 1 fx (Color Space Transform on rollover) and 2 curve (Custom Curveon rollover) how can I tell that these two nodes are actually from the PowerGrade named iPhone Correct? If I start adding more nodes later, how can I tell if iPhone Correct was applied?

And secondly, can PowerGrades only be applied in Fusion mode? It seems to me it would be easier to drag them across several clips in Edit mode, but I don't see the Gallery available there.

Charles

Mike Manus

Re: How can I tell if a PowerGrade has been applied?

PostSat May 11, 2024 9:44 am

You could label the nodes as something like "iphone powergrade" before making the powergrade. Then when you see those labels on nodes you know where they are from.

I didn't know you could apply powergrades outside of the color page.

Charles_I

Re: How can I tell if a PowerGrade has been applied?

PostMon May 13, 2024 6:16 pm

Thank you your solution works. As long as you add the label to the node before you choose Grab Still and put it in the PowerGrade Gallery the node stays labelled when it is reapplied.

As far as Fusion, my mistake, it appears you can only add the PowerGrade in the Color mode which is fine because you can line up the clips, select them all and use Apply Grade to apply the PowerGrade to all the clips.

Return to DaVinci Resolve