Resolve on MacBook Air?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ruff

Resolve on MacBook Air?

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 4:05 am

Hi,

I am a DP.

I like to use Resolve on occasion to show a client what we can do on set, or just to check that the look I want is going to work.

I have the latest 11" Macbook Air.

It would be great to be able to instal resolve on the computer.

Would you be able to make this possible?

It's not for post in any way... my assistants have their computers for downloading etc. My footage goes off to colourists for grading. I just like to have the smallest lightest computer with me, and being able to open Resolve would be great.

Any chance of this happening? If not... will it work on the new 13" Retina one just announced.

Thanks very much,

Great product. Appreciate the price point.

Ben

www.ruff.co.nz

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve on MacBook Air?

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 am

Hi Ben, glad you like Resolve. The 15" Retina MacBook Pro is the latest and smallest form factor that's certified for Resolve. The Air and 13" do not have sufficient GPU for image processing or screen size for the GUI.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

kaya

PostSat Apr 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi, I'm a dp as well and have exactly the same requirement - I was wondering if there were any recent updates to the system that now makes it compatible with the Macbook Air 13"
Thanks Peter

wilfredo

PostSat Apr 13, 2013 5:40 am

Well there goes any hopes of me returning my 7 day old Macbook Pro Retina for a suped up 11" Macbook Air...I guess I'm sticking with the Retina! ;)

Return to DaVinci Resolve