Setup new User problem in Resolve 9.1.1

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

kennethsperling

Setup new User problem in Resolve 9.1.1

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi Blackmagic,
I use Davinci Resolve Lite, and just moved from a Mac Pro system to a Macbook Pro Retina 15". My problem: My user names are gone, and I cannot setup new User names. When I try to add new users, nothing happens. This means that I cannot get into Davinci Resolve and continue my work. Do you know what I need to do?
(The system remembers my Database location.)
Thanks you very much!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Setup new User problem in Resolve 9.1.1

PostTue Feb 05, 2013 6:29 pm

How did you "move" from the Mac Pro to the MBP? Unless you copied over the entire database, you would not have any existing users on the MBP. And if you did attempt to move the database, but didn't do it properly, that mmight explain why you can't seem to add users. If you can give us more details on what you've done, we can hopefully help.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

kennethsperling

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Thank you Dwaine,
I used Migration assistant to copy all apps, programs and documents directly from my old c-drive. Is there is a database on the internal drive that Migration assistant can have missed ?
The database of Resolve is on an external drive, and these settings are intact.
Thanks again,
Kenneth

kennethsperling

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi Dwaine,
A short update to my question. All the sudden deres is an admin user name in Resolve - so the issue seems resolved. I can get into my projects and playback my clips. Great. I see that the play at about 20 fps. And the computer is struckling a bit. But it works.
Thanks for your help.
Kenneth

Return to DaVinci Resolve