opening up

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

onfocus

opening up

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 6:46 pm

This is probably quite a dumb post, but after downloading the 'Lite1.9.9' version, I am now unable to get it to open. It asks me what program to open with and no matter what I put in it never opens up. I have never experienced this one.....Help me please..Tom

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: opening up

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 am

I'm guessing, you are referring to DaVinci Resolve 9.1.1 Lite that you downloaded from our web site.

So we can guide you, please list some info. Which OS? Version? Service pack if windows? Detail your hardware, did you see the hardware configuration guide? What GPUs do you have, hard disk? Etc etc.

The more info you offer the better chance someone can guide you.

Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

onfocus

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks Peter, Perhaps this helps,
I am using Windows7 Home Premium, service pack 1, with an Intel Quad CPU 2.4 Ghz. 3 gig RAM AND 32 BIT OS
Tom

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 pm

At a start, Resolve requires Windows 7 to be running in 64 bit mode. It will not work in 32 bit mode.

After that, you need a supported graphics card and a minimum of 12 GB of RAM. You can find information regarding this in the Resolve Windows Config guide:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=931
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve