Problem: my colour correction applies to more than one clip.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jana

Problem: my colour correction applies to more than one clip.

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 9:42 am

Hi there, I'm new to resolve, but I did color correction before. I work with a mac book pro and the lite version 9.

I set up a project like sad in the beginner tutorial with a XML, from a fcp project with mixed s16mm footage and DSLR. (Don't laugh, It's a challenge to mach and a test project anyway)

The clips are perfectly separate by the EDL in the Timeline in the conform window. When I start the colour correction, I can work with the tools nice and intuitive. BUT the correction applies to a couple of clips, not only one. It's not absolute random. Because I have DSLR and s16mixed, DaVinci themes to group the clips by it's contrast. It could be a nice feature for the basic grading, but not if you work precisely...

I can't find this problem in the manuel jet and because I can't find a proper keyword for that, I haven't find something in this forum. I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Jana

Re: Problem: my colour correction applies to more than one c

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 12:25 pm

hello again.
The solution was, right click on the turminal in the timeline in color and tick "copy remote grades to local" somehow VD conect all clips that come fron one file. In my case it was a scan, so the problem was overall.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2013-04-14 um 12.31.51.png
Bildschirmfoto 2013-04-14 um 12.31.51.png (839.36 KiB) Viewed 1110 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve