Keyboard Shortcut for Add Speed Point

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

joysthokkins

Keyboard Shortcut for Add Speed Point

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 11:28 am

I use Add Speed Point very often, and there is no shortcut. That's sad.
iHackPro i9900k 4.9GHz, 32Gb RAM, Radeon RX Vega 56+64
MacBook Pro Retina mid-2014 16Gb 750m + eGPU Vega 64 8GB
MacOS 10.14.6 DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for Add Speed Point

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 11:38 am

Given you will use your mouse to change the speed after adding the speed point, how much time would the shortcut save?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

robozb

PostSun Jul 07, 2019 6:49 pm

I think also It would be a good idea to bind a shortcut to the add speed point :)

Thanks!

doktoredgar

PostMon Jul 29, 2019 1:55 pm

+1 to this idea!
Or if not binded by default, at least let me assign a shortcut to it. Currently it is not available in the Keyboard Customization menu.

Another great thing would be to let me double click the "100%" and type in a custom percentage for clip section speed. Aaand if I could set a shortcut to type the speed in for clip section, I wouldn't need to use the mouse at all! I dare to dream big :)

BenSchranz

PostFri Aug 02, 2019 2:46 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Given you will use your mouse to change the speed after adding the speed point, how much time would the shortcut save?

This would save a substantial amount of time for me. A lot of the work I do requires the majority of clips I use to have some sort of speed ramping.

EG:
(This was done in Premiere Pro, but I'm making progress to move to Resolve)

Another good feature would be to allow to hotkey the Retime Curve. I'd like to be able to just hit something like ctrl+alt+R to open up the graph. And the function to pick the default mode when opening up the Retime Curve. You would think that something named the "Retime Curve" would be set to SPEED and not FRAME by default.

I can't even explain how much time those 3-5 extra clicks cost me in the long run.

Jim Simon

PostFri Aug 02, 2019 6:02 pm

BenSchranz wrote:I'd like to be able to just hit something like ctrl+alt+R to open up the graph.

The default is actually CTRL+R to open the Retime Controls.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

BenSchranz

PostFri Aug 02, 2019 8:05 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
BenSchranz wrote:I'd like to be able to just hit something like ctrl+alt+R to open up the graph.

The default is actually CTRL+R to open the Retime Controls.
For Retime Controls, yes.

For Retime Curve, no.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

markstobb

PostSun Aug 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Given you will use your mouse to change the speed after adding the speed point, how much time would the shortcut save?

Hi, I just switch from premiere to davinci and I think it's beautiful, but this speed ramping is really slow without a shortcut for " add speed point ", my workflow it's way too slow in this way, could you do something for this please?

I think it is unacceptable for a software like davinci to have such a big hole in the system

Nicdehouwer

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 1:48 pm

+1

I also don't really like the reply of a Blackmagic employee 'how much time would it save?', when people obviously flock to this thread because the lack of shortcut annoys them. No?

maurice

PostSun Sep 29, 2019 12:51 am

I assume he's never had to process serious amounts of repatitive video/audio before.

I can recommend the team watch this insane video by the editor Taran from Linus Tech's YouTube chanel:
YouTube: /watch?v=Hgd5opjklrg

He has a shortcut for almost everything. Granted, he uses AutoHotKey which I'm yet to experiment with in Resolve, but a lot of the bindings do come from the more robust options in Premier.

More key binding options is never a bad thing. Low overhead in terms of code/maintenance, high customisizeation reward for end users.

laci00

PostSat Dec 07, 2019 12:49 pm

+1

Yeah speed controls are probably a biggest drawback for me in Resolve. I shoot sports so majority of my clips are in high fps and I use speed ramps very often. I actually like a lot that in media page you can change default clip fps, very handy. Usually I like to have speed controls turned on by default on every clip in timeline and then add & tweak speed points as I edit. In resolve it works well, but with quite few extra clicks, opening speed controls, opening retime curve, changing to speed vs frame, adding points, curves etc...

Much better approach would be just to have option (like Premier or Vegas Pro) to add speed line over the clip and then just add points by double click or shortcut, then tweak speed. To go extra mile I would welcome setting where you can define weather you want actual clip changing depending on your speed points, or just keeping the speed as keypoints. I guess its hard to explain what I mean :D Sometimes I change speed exactly to the music for a certain duration, and I dont really care how it affect the video, just need to match the lenght...

Tom Early

PostSat Dec 07, 2019 1:11 pm

markstobb wrote:

Hi, I just switch from premiere to davinci and I think it's beautiful, but this speed ramping is really slow without a shortcut for " add speed point ", my workflow it's way too slow in this way, could you do something for this please?

I think it is unacceptable for a software like davinci to have such a big hole in the system

Nicdehouwer wrote:I also don't really like the reply of a Blackmagic employee 'how much time would it save?', when people obviously flock to this thread because the lack of shortcut annoys them. No?

No one is actually addressing his question though, and it is a valid question. Sometimes, unless suggestions are justified by explaining workflows and exactly how the suggestion would improve things, then they can be pretty pointless because there may be a perfectly good way of doing something already and implementing more and more suggestions would only confuse things and introduce more bugs.

So, it's a simple question here. After adding the speed point, are you or are you not just using the mouse on the same location anyway? If so, there is surely no time saved. If not, then where are you using it? If you can show that you are then adjusting the speed while not on the curve itself, you will be in a much better chance of having the keyboard shortcut implemented. Or if it's not just about saving time but also something else, then explain that too.
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Jim Simon

PostSat Dec 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Well said, Tom.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Mind and Matter

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 8:00 pm

+1
I'm in the same boat of thinking that this is an unacceptable gap in the developer's part. While I love this software, this slows my workflow down a ton.

In response to Tom - its not about where your mouse is when you are adding a point, it's about where it could be. Shortcuts speed up workflow because they take complicated tasks and allow them to become a series of almost simultaneous actions and allow them to become fluid motion.

For me the fact that I have to think about where my mouse is when I want to add a point slows me down a ton. With a shortcut, I'm not slowed down by having to think about where my mouse is, or where I need to move it to in order to accomplish the task. I get to stay in my vision of the project I'm working on instead, which is the goal, right?

Look at it this way - If I'm doing 25 speed ramps in a project currently I have to hit command+R, hit shift+R, zoom in enough that the little drop arrow on the left of the 'retime frame curve' shows up, click the drop down menu, select retime speed, and deselect retime frame. You can't tell me that doesn't add up to a ton of time once repeated 25-50 times.

In a perfect world the retime curve would open when I retime a clip and it would be on 'retime speed' by default. Then I'd be able to use a key command to add two points so I can ramp in and out and it would take 3 seconds instead of 30.

I really hope this will be addressed soon, it is currently one of the only things stopping me from buying suite, because I use it so much that I'm still considering whether I need to purchase a different NLE that allows me the controls I need for speed ramping and then just color in resolve.

hoag89

PostMon Dec 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Did anyone find out a solution to this?
I just switched to resolve from premiere and have come across this problem also.
It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to quickly add a retime point(keyframe) on the selected clip at the current playhead location, along with opening up the retime curve.

another thing related to the retime curve is being able to highlight multiple keyframes and select "ease in and out" like you can with other types of keyframes. anyone know the answer to this one or am i just missing something?

cheers

ebizzle

PostWed Jan 08, 2020 3:00 am

Anyone try making a Macro to add a point(keyframe), open retime window, etc...
I just got an old Bella keyboard that has 9 Macro buttons. I'm a newb at creating macros, I guess I'll give it a shot!

Edit: I understand now... there is NO option to add a shortcut to open the "Retime Curve" window.
Resolve Studio 16.2.0.054
Win 10, AMD 3900x, 32GB ram, Nvidia 2070s - 431.86
Personal faults: Cannot subframe-edit audio keyframes

ctrevatt

PostThu Feb 20, 2020 5:32 am

ebizzle wrote:Edit: I understand now... there is NO option to add a shortcut to open the "Retime Curve" window.

Not sure if this is a recent addition, but there actually is. In Keyboard Customization, Panels > Edit Timeline > Retime Curve. No assignment by default :) It does default to "Retime Frame" though, which I find less intuitive, but still useful. I'd love to have a shortcut to bring up "Retime Speed". (TBH, I'd love one to bring up all the parameters in the curve editor)

If you have the Retime Curve open, you can alt+click to create a keyframe (which will also create a speed point). This is a little bit faster than hunting for the little triangle - especially on really long clips when zoomed-in - then clicking Add Speed Point. Unfortunately, that's the best I have. It works alright for me because I usually have the curve editor open.

ebizzle wrote:Anyone try making a Macro to add a point(keyframe), open retime window, etc...
I just got an old Bella keyboard that has 9 Macro buttons. I'm a newb at creating macros, I guess I'll give it a shot!

I've had luck using Autohotkey to map some things in the Inspector Panel that have no key bindings. Not so for speed points though. Because there can be multiple speed point "triangles" on a clip, and multiple clips, Autohotkey wouldn't know which one to click for you. Using AHK at all for editing is very hacky and kind of a last-resort, but sometimes niche features just aren't available.

For me, a shortcut to add a speed point at the playhead would be incredibly useful. My work is hyperlapses and hyperlapses only. Currently I spend about an hour per video doing just speed changes. I don't mind using the mouse for something repetitive, but having to zoom out, find the speed point icon, go through a cascading menu and sometimes need a speed that isn't listed is time consuming.

In a perfect world, I'd like to tap one key to bring up "Retime Speed" in the curve editor, another key to add a speed-point/keyframe at the playhead, and another to apply easing to it. Then simply hold shift while dragging the curve to alter the speed percentage in 5% increments. It would make for an easy macro, and save me between 30mins and an hour a day.
DR Studio 17.1.1 Build 9, Win10Home ver. 2004
i9-9900K, 64GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB, "Studio" driver 457.51
OS - SSD 500GB, Media Server - QNAP 24 Bay NAS RAID 6 144TB
Database - QNAP 4 Bay SSD NAS RAID 1 100GB
Networking - 10Gb

jordi0m

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 7:01 pm

Given that you can get a long clip, set the 50 points you'd need, then retime all of them, a big difference. Also, a button that would make a ramp on all the speed points would also make much more sense.

rootHog

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 5:42 am

A big +1 on this. I just switched over from Premiere and everything has been great until I got to time re-mapping. It has been a huge let down with Resolve. So many more steps to do what I was going in PP. And it's a pretty clunky process in Premiere at that.

One big use case for me for having a shortcut to add speed points if I'm in Cinema View and only see my program monitor. It would be great just to roll through the footage and key in my speed points as I go without clicking out of Cinema View, click the clip, open up retime curve, uncheck Frame, check Speed, Option click the curve, and then go back to Cinema View and hit play and do it all over again. So to answer your question Peter, this would save a ton of time.

Lars Hofman

PostWed May 13, 2020 10:26 am

I love resolve, but the whole retiming process could really use optimization. Please Blackmagic, pay some attention to this :)

peterfox

PostFri May 22, 2020 9:05 pm

+1

Marc Wielage

PostSat May 23, 2020 2:46 am

Nicdehouwer wrote:I also don't really like the reply of a Blackmagic employee 'how much time would it save?', when people obviously flock to this thread because the lack of shortcut annoys them. No?

I think it's a reasonable question. I live with the mouse-click, but I don't do speed ramps that often. Is it that much faster than a mouse-click?

Is there a shortcut for speed-ramping in Avid MC or Premiere or FCPX? (I honestly don't know the answer, it's a real question.)
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

samuellihn

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 2:48 am

+1, searching for the little arrow (which moves around a lot) then trying to click on it is so much slower than pressing a key

somberreptile

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 4:50 pm

+1 times infinity! I do a lot of work syncing music to video of live musicians, sometimes involving adding a speed point on every chord to make the timing sync. I'm getting RSI from all the mousing! I created an account on this message board just to post this! Thank you!

Sergey Knyazkov

PostThu Aug 06, 2020 9:00 am

Marc Wielage wrote:Is there a shortcut for speed-ramping in Avid MC or Premiere or FCPX? (I honestly don't know the answer, it's a real question.)

In FCPX you can use Shift+B to add speed ramp point quickly. In some cases it is very useful and quick way to mark the speed points

gacorley

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 6:54 am

+1

This would definitely save a lot of time. I do some work timing the video to speech. The current system forces me to go to the percentage maker, click the drop-down, select "Add Speed Point", then go back and adjust my speed point by hand. I do this zoomed in close to the timeline, and sometimes the drop-down is not visible without zooming back out.

It really would save time and take away some frustration to have a shortcut.

productora.kromatix

PostMon Oct 12, 2020 5:17 pm

+1 I agree, I want that shortcut too, it would save a ton of time. It would be a great tool for those who play a lot with speedramps. Please consider this for the next upgrade!!! Thanks

mhimhi66

PostTue Nov 03, 2020 12:13 am

I totally agree to this request!!!!
My system:

AMD Ryzen7 eight core 2700X @ 4,00 ghz
PREDATOR DDR4 32 Gb RAM
NVIDIA RTX 2080 ti
BLACKMAGIC Intensity Pro 4K
SSD SAMSUNG 850 N.4 1GB EACH
WIN 10 pro LAST UPDATE

ShutterlabCreative

PostMon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 pm

+1

I would also like to upvote the capability for a keyboard shortcut to add a speed point. I don't think it's necessary to go into a long-winded explanation of why, as so many others here already have, but if you work with speed ramping high fps footage regularly you understand just how incredibly valuable a time saver this would be.
Studio 19.0b2
LAPTOP- Win10 Home - i7-9750H@2.6 -- 64GB RAM
- RTX2070 8Gb
- System - 1Tb NVMe - Work Drive ext. 2Tb NVMe
DESKTOP- Win10 Pro - i7-3930K@3.2 - 64GB RAM
- RTX 4090 (Latest Firmware)
- System - 1Tb SSD | Cache - 2Tb SSD | Work Drive 4Tb SSD

Mart_Williams

PostTue Nov 17, 2020 5:53 pm

COME ON Blackmagic, it's clear there are plenty of us who are crying out for some Retime Speed love and that it would make a huge difference for those of us who need to speed ramp a lot.

Keyboard shortcut for adding a retime speed keyframe.
Allow us to select multiple keyframes on the speed ramp.
Allow us the option to have ease in/out the default behaviour.
Keyboard shortcut to open the retime speed interface.
Keyboard shortcuts to go to and select the next/previous keyframe in the retime speed interface.
Automatically make a "bell curve" if you add 3 keyframes and pull up the middle one, or a flat top "bell curve" if you pull up the line between the middle two of four points. We could speed ramp much quicker then.
And also a quicker way of adjusting the keyframe handles, such as a keyboard modifier and mouse action such as scroll or mouse movement. If you have to adjust a lot of them as I do, it gets seriously tedious very quickly an having the ability to adjust quicker would save lots of time.

Love the software though, bought the Studio version pretty quickly after trying the software a while back and would love it all the more if some of these basics could be addressed. I'm currently envious of Final Cut with their more developed speed ramping and ability to work with ProRes RAW...

Pircho

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 9:57 pm

My first question was this when a colleague taught me, so how I set Retime Speed as default? The issue with Retime frame is that its difficult to set it to even frames, like 100% or 200%. And I have to do it again and again after I re-open the timeline and want to change it.
2. Also whyyyy isn't the speedramps spline by default? If I want sudden changes, I just split the clip and change speed, not mess with graphs, and multy-level drop down menus. Can I set its default?
3. Speedramps vs. Markers (in clip). I want to match certain moment in the clip to the beat, so I mark that moment in the clip. I see the waveform, so I want to speed up the video so they got synced... Davinci: Markers stay at the final duration, does not stitch to timecode. Can I change this behaviour?
Thanks!

mhimhi66

PostSun Feb 14, 2021 10:17 pm

A lot of time!! I use it many times.
My system:

PREDATOR DDR4 32 Gb RAM
NVIDIA RTX 2080 ti
WIN 10 pro LAST UPDATE

mhimhi66

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 6:59 pm

Any clue for this????
My system:

PREDATOR DDR4 32 Gb RAM
NVIDIA RTX 2080 ti
WIN 10 pro LAST UPDATE

olegphoto

PostFri May 28, 2021 7:28 am

For me adding speed point with a click would be as well a big time saver. I hope the new upgrade they resolve this.
Processor 3,6 GHz Memory
64GB 3600 DDR4
GPU radeon Vega 64 8 gb
SSD Samsng 970 Evo Nvme 1 tb
BMCCP4K

andre_rodrigues

PostTue Jun 01, 2021 4:02 pm

+1

kalamazandy

PostThu Aug 12, 2021 8:26 pm

I was also immediately annoyed that there isn't a faster way to add a speed point. And was Also annoyed that the developer asks a question like "how much time would the shortcut save?"
There is quite a bit of research out there providing different ways to look at that. And yes, that's more of a UX issue than programming, but I would hope that outside of maybe open source development, the team working on the software development would have a shared knowledge of what is considered "good" user experience and what is not.

How much time is it? Well it takes me about .5/.6s to use a hotkey, and about 2 seconds to find and click something with a mouse. Is 1.5 seconds a lot of time? No. Although, if I'm losing 1.5 seconds on different little activities throughout the day and that adds up to about 400 items then that's 10 minutes every day lost, which is losing about 40 hours of work in a year, and entire work week. That becomes worse when you have someone with physical dexterity challenges as well. Also, everyone's workflow is different. No, I don't need my mouse right there. Because my workflow is sometimes to find all the points I want to hit at a specific point in the music. Then move them to those points. It's easier for me to find all the points first. Then move them all to the right time for the music.

So how much time is lost? If someone uses this 50 times each week, that's about 1 hour per year. End up not having little things like that 8 times every day, 50 times a day, and you're losing a week every year.

It's an insignificant amount of time, until the developers look at each little thing and say that several times, which then starts adding up to a significant amount of time over and over. Users start realizing that, and get frustrated at things that take the extra second here and there because it effects productivity.

davidtarrodi

PostSun Sep 05, 2021 10:25 am

Yes I agree. It should really be up to the editor to decide whether a shortcut is needed or not. If I tend to do the same repetitive thing more than 5 times in a row I create a shortcut for it, always. I can't do the math how much time I am saving it is rather a question how much focus I am loosing from the actual creative process when needing to do repetitive mouse clicking. I will do the things that the computer can't do when creating an edit - and the computer should help me achieve this in the most efficient way even it I only save 5min a day using a new shortcut it is plenty.

FabriGar81

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 10:11 pm

I am a happy user of Davinci Resolve Studio but please Davinci Resolve Team, implement the possibility to assign a shortcut for the "Add Speed Point" !!! Pleaseeeeeee !!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Len1979

PostTue Dec 28, 2021 6:44 pm

Dear Davinci,

it's Davincvi 17 by now, still there is no Keyboard Shortcut for Add Speed Point...?
Or am I missing something ?
For my professional Workflow it is crucial to have this. Fiddling around with a mouse, that I am almost not using is not a way to go...
Please keep us posted.
Many thanks...
Lennart

ndakoulas

PostWed Feb 23, 2022 11:03 pm

FWIW, if you map Retime Curve to a custom keyboard shortcut (⇧⌘R makes sense with Retime Controls already being ⌘R) you can add speed points (keyframes) by just alt+clicking along the curve.

Maybe not quite as fast as having a dedicated Add Speed Point keyboard shortcut, but it can save a few clicks and is easier than trying to position your cursor perfectly over that tiny little dropdown arrow.

davidtarrodi

PostFri Mar 18, 2022 12:48 pm

I too need this keyboard shotcut VERY much. Why is it not possible?

groomedmonkey

PostSat Apr 16, 2022 9:09 am

Really need keyboard shortcut to add Speed Point and also Freeze Frame. This is when in the ⌘R retime mode. It's faceachingly annoying to find the moving menu object in the stupid arrow at 50% of a clip and then select an option.

This would save a LOT of user actions and thus time for me. Shouldn't need debating. Just add it. This is a pro video editing suite; user actions = time = money.

Greg Cartwright Media

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 1:48 am

Is there seriously still no shortcut....
The most basic and frustrating thing when ramping etc. Guys, love everything accept this.

ShutterlabCreative

PostSun Sep 04, 2022 5:41 pm

Just checking in on this thread as it's version 18.0 and it appears there still isn't a keyboard shortcut for adding a speed point. This feature continues to be a valuable add if you guys could please include in the next update that would be huge. Thanks so much. I love Resolve.
Studio 19.0b2
LAPTOP- Win10 Home - i7-9750H@2.6 -- 64GB RAM
- RTX2070 8Gb
- System - 1Tb NVMe - Work Drive ext. 2Tb NVMe
DESKTOP- Win10 Pro - i7-3930K@3.2 - 64GB RAM
- RTX 4090 (Latest Firmware)
- System - 1Tb SSD | Cache - 2Tb SSD | Work Drive 4Tb SSD

Len1979

PostWed Oct 12, 2022 5:01 am

Couple years later, still no shortcut ?!
I finally completely switched and kicked out Premiere and Avid for this... It already took great effort, as I am using 90% shortcuts which I assign to only the left side of my keyboard (in every past program, FCP7, Avid, PR the same SC)

Which brings me to another three questions:
> Why isn't it possible to properly search the shortcuts in the Customization Window? A lot of times when I search, there is no result, but when skimming through I finally find the shortcut... pretty weird or am I too stupid...?
> Why does the Customization Window won't take us to the conflict when reassigning a SC to a key already occupied...? You'll then have to remeber the exact name of the conflict, trying to find it and delete the key...
Is that the way it's meant to be or am I too stupid as well... :( ...?
> Why isn't it possible to assign a shortcut to each and every thing in DR...? In Premiere the customization was pretty much possible for everything, every key and the interface (search and assign - also choosing keys and getting info what these are assigned to) was pretty damn good....
Your program is so brilliant, but lacking theses few features feels like a broken clutch in a stick shift car...

Please drop a line, maybe it is just that I am too stupid.
Many thanks and kind regards from Hamburg, Germany

Steve Alexander

PostWed Oct 12, 2022 2:02 pm

Len1979 wrote:Couple years later, still no shortcut ?!
I finally completely switched and kicked out Premiere and Avid for this... It already took great effort, as I am using 90% shortcuts which I assign to only the left side of my keyboard (in every past program, FCP7, Avid, PR the same SC)

Which brings me to another three questions:
> Why isn't it possible to properly search the shortcuts in the Customization Window? A lot of times when I search, there is no result, but when skimming through I finally find the shortcut... pretty weird or am I too stupid...?
> Why does the Customization Window won't take us to the conflict when reassigning a SC to a key already occupied...? You'll then have to remeber the exact name of the conflict, trying to find it and delete the key...
Is that the way it's meant to be or am I too stupid as well... :( ...?
> Why isn't it possible to assign a shortcut to each and every thing in DR...? In Premiere the customization was pretty much possible for everything, every key and the interface (search and assign - also choosing keys and getting info what these are assigned to) was pretty damn good....
Your program is so brilliant, but lacking theses few features feels like a broken clutch in a stick shift car...

Please drop a line, maybe it is just that I am too stupid.
Many thanks and kind regards from Hamburg, Germany

All great suggestions - there is a feature request forum - I suggest you add feature requests for items 2 and 3 (item 1 sounds more like a bug report to me).
aka Barkinmadd
Resolve Studio 19.0b2 | Fusion Studio 19.0b2 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

mkoster

PostFri Oct 14, 2022 10:15 am

depending on the timeline zoom level and the amount of speed points already existing, the DROP DOWN menu to "add speed point" is NOT VISIBLE. actually the drop down arrow disappears as soon as you ALT + scroll and re-appears as you "middle-click grab" and move the timeline to the side! so a lot of times it takes a lot of effort and time to find it first.
so a shortcut would actually save A LOT of time

yargord

PostSat Oct 22, 2022 11:32 am

+1
Windows 11 Home 22H2
i78750H
1060 Max-Q 6GB
16GB RAM

dannyrodcam

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 2:45 am

+1

Please add the option to add shortcuts to "add speed point". Also if you can a shortcut for select the keyframes, move among keyframes left or right, add bezie curves, etc.

If I could have all this shorcuts on something like streamdeck or touch portal it would be AWESOME.

Currently I use DR Speed Editor along with Streamdeck and love my workflow, but so many things could be improved. The more shortcuts I could have the better.

Luksic

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 3:09 am

Editing a sport video, add speed point shortcut could save hours of my time.
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve