Keyboard Shortcut for Add Speed Point

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

siddharthanz

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for Add Speed Point

PostSat Feb 04, 2023 10:28 pm

+1

Really need this shortcut key, I use speedpoints and ramping continuously.

schultzm

PostSun Feb 05, 2023 11:09 pm

Editing a jogging video, synchronising foot stomps to the music beat. Speed points aplenty. Would be great to have a short cut to add speed points. So, yes, it would save me plenty of time.
Studio 18.5b build 41, MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 MacBook Pro 17.1 with Apple M1 8-core CPU, 16 GB RAM, 2TB SSD. Editor Keyboard, BMPCC6k Pro with Sigma Lenses, Mini Panel, LG 5k Monitor, QNAP NAS with 2.5GbE and 14 TB storage HDDs

TwoLions

PostMon Feb 20, 2023 7:43 pm

+1 Big Time!

I'm in the process of switching to Resolve, and using speed ramps is a massive part of my workflow. I don't understand why there are keyboard shortcuts to move in between speed points "[ and ]", but there is no option to actually add them??

I hate to say 'in FCPX they do this better' because Resolve is really great. But in this instance, FCPX's system of command + b along the clip to mark points, and dragging the point to increase/decrease the clip speed is far quicker.

Please let me add a keyboard shortcut for dropping in speed points!!

Hresna

PostSat Mar 11, 2023 6:41 pm

+1

Workflow-wise, when doing a lot of speedramping, it's much easier to scrub through and identify all the marker keyframes in a single pass with a keyboard shortcut. Clicking the tiny triangle every time is inefficient. Yes retiming involves more clicks, but if you drag the speed curve its quicker than trying to click that tiny triangle and digging into a submenu every time. And it's much easier to do that once you've already identified all the key frames that need it done.

lkroeker

PostWed Jul 19, 2023 1:52 pm

You can use the keyboard shortcut for adding a general keyframe to add ones into the retime curve.

On my system this is: Ctrl+[

(Under "Mark" > "Add Keyframe" in the keyboard shortcut menu. I just searched for "add")

This shortcut adds a keyframe into the selected clip/retime curve at the playhead.

I'm running 18.5B5, so I'm unsure if this is recently added or not.

Jim Simon

PostThu Jul 20, 2023 2:06 pm

lkroeker wrote:I'm running 18.5B5, so I'm unsure if this is recently added or not.
This is a new shortcut in the Beta.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

rapapar

PostMon Sep 11, 2023 2:20 pm

+1 DR 18.5
https://parallaxya.com

groomedmonkey

PostWed Oct 04, 2023 2:16 pm

So glad I checked back on this to find the Add Keyframe option. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one for adding a Freeze Frame *finger's crossed*

Ben Durham

PostSun Dec 10, 2023 10:38 pm

+1

Allowing the "Add Speed Point" function to be remapped to a keyboard shortcut would save many thousands of hours for editors who use this function routinely.

thateditor

PostThu May 02, 2024 5:06 pm

+1 This would be great!

What would be even greater? Procedural or AI based creation of speed points (example: When object A makes contact with object B, add a speed point or marker)
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve