Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion composed Clip crashes the program and I cannot reset

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

whittless

Fusion composed Clip crashes the program and I cannot reset

PostThu May 09, 2024 4:13 am

Hi

I have a project that has moved into the Fusion aspect of the process, there are a couple of lights in reflection that I would like to paint out. I did try this process earlier, before the colour grade, but the Fusion composition ruined the grade. Resetting the Fusion composition fixed that problem but I was always going to return to the task again after the grade.

This time I was able to add a paint node but have been presented with a GPU is full error message and the program crashes or freezes and I cannot fix it...

I am operating on an Alienware windows 11 with 32GB of GPU, trying to composite onto a Canon Raw 8k clip that has been heavily manipulated already. I did think I had enough GPU! fusion is using 14GB (maxed) of the allotted total if it is not that is fine, I will find a workaround with another system, but how can I reset the Fusion composition if Resolve continues to crash on me before I can!? There are still other tasks I need to do in Resolve, it's made the program pretty much useless to me.
Attachments
resolve crash.png
resolve crash.png (365.91 KiB) Viewed 295 times

JayPee

Re: Fusion composed Clip crashes the program and I cannot re

PostFri May 10, 2024 6:08 am

PSA - when posting in the forum, it's really important to give every bit of information possible, even stuff you think isn't relevant, because it probably is...so, please can you always include your full PC specs and exactly which version of Resolve you are running.

I doubt you have a 32GB GPU in your computer, more likely you have 32GB of RAM, which is not the same thing.
Highest Alienware spec I can see has an RTX4090 GPU, which is a 16GB on laptop and a 24GB for a Desktop.
Also, Alienware computers are optimized for Gaming over Studio applications, so it's likely the NVIDIA drivers on your computer are Gaming and not Studio...Resolve / Fusion requires the Studio Drivers.
I'm not at all surprised your system is choking if you have a lengthy timeline and all the source media is 8K RAW, and that is definitely why your system and GPU is out of resources.
Do you need to deliver an 8K master?
If not, then perhaps consider transcoding the media to a lower resolution and work on that?
At 4K resolution, your files will be 25% of their original weight and will save you a lot of pain.

Also..you said about using Fusion earlier in the process;
I did try this process earlier, before the color grade, but the Fusion composition ruined the grade

Not sure how that's possible unless you're using some combination of Color Management / Color Space Transforms, and not factoring that in when working in Fusion.
Windows 11 // i9-13900K // RTX 4080 // 128GB DDR5 RAM // 2TB WD M.2 NVMe // ASRock Z790 // TH420 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Mac Ultra Studio M1 64GB

Return to Fusion