Microphone Input Delay/ Latency in Resolve

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

vibe_vulture

Microphone Input Delay/ Latency in Resolve

PostWed May 01, 2024 10:09 pm

I am currently using a powerful Desktop PC system and also an High spec M3 Mac with Resolve Studio, But when connecting my Audio interface to record Voiceovers, there is always a delay.

I have tried multiple audio interfaces which have USB C (SSL, Focusrite, Zoom, etc) and can usually go down to playback processing buffer size of 32 or even 64 audio DAWs like Logic Pro, Studio One, ProTools without any issues, but I can only go down to record Buffer size of 128/ Playback buffer size of 3 on Resolve to get a clean usable input with around 16ms delay.. Any lower and the sound is distorted.

There are no FX plugins on the chain and no audio processing on any resolve tracks.

Is this something everyone is experiencing? Is there a fix? I have recently tried the Resolve Studio 19 Beta and still have the same issue.

I'm current monitoring the mic input straight from the audio interface/ console with the audio signal being pre-resolve to eliminate the delay in headphones, but it would be really convenient to monitor the mic input directly from resolve without delay, as I am getting some voiceover artists in, and really don't want to keep exporting video to other Audio software or record externally and import.

Reynaud Venter

Re: Microphone Input Delay/ Latency in Resolve

PostFri May 03, 2024 1:27 pm

Are all available audio interfaces connected via USB? Are these Thunderbolt devices?

On the Windows system is WDM or ASIO enabled?

Any change with built-in audio, either on Windows or the macOS system?
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to Post Production