Unreal 5.4.1 Blackmagic Decklink Input-Output not working

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

teschkec

Unreal 5.4.1 Blackmagic Decklink Input-Output not working

PostThu May 02, 2024 3:17 pm

Running Unreal 5.4.1 with Blackmagic Decklink in windows 11. (latest drivers)

I am able to load the basic virtual production template project and setup video input and output with the decklink card, however they will only function separately and not simultaneously.

I can hit the capture button and output the cinema camera via SDI to my monitor but if i try to enable the input mapping nothing will happen.

I can turn off the output and then enable the input and the SDI video will popup and appear in my scene, but then if i try to hit the capture button to output to my monitor nothing happens.

And again if i disable the input mapping then the output works again.

Any idea if there is some setting that is causing this problem?

I am not sure if it could be a BlackMagic setting or if it is a problem in Unreal Engine.

I do have a clue as to something that might signify an issue. When i enable the input mapping and it appears in my scene then Unreal also automatically loops that SDI input video to the SDI output.
This should not be happening, the output should be blank until i send something to it. I believe this is why when i try to output myself nothing happens because Unreal is using it already to loop out the input so the device is locked in use and i cant output to it.
Conversely the same thing is happening in reverse, When i have the output working, then i try to enable the input it doesn’t work because it wants to use the output also but that is in use already.

Thanks

teschkec

Re: Unreal 5.4.1 Blackmagic Decklink Input-Output not workin

PostTue May 07, 2024 12:37 pm

I did some more testing. The system that is not working is using a Decklink Studio 2 card.

I tried loading the same project into another machine that has a Decklink 4K Extreme 12G card in it and the video I/O works perfectly.

I load that same project back into the machine with the Decklink Studio 2 card and it still doesn't work. (we have 8 editing machines with this model in them)

This seems like some sort of setting or driver issue that would be causing this?

Return to Post Production