Converters To Display On Projectors

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

NCCITadmin

Converters To Display On Projectors

PostSat May 04, 2024 6:45 pm

Afternoon all,

Seeking some advice before making multiple financial blunders. Our church will be upgrading our current setup and we believe using BMD is the way to go. Our current setup:
- For Audience Display: Win10 Pro PC w/16GB mem —> Analog Way Octo-Fade Universal Mixer/Scaler (RGB video out) —> RGB-to-Component Video Converter —> Christie Projectors
- For Stage Display: The Same Win10 Pro PC —> Analog Way Vid/Computer Switcher/Mixer Scaler —> Analog Way Octo-Fade Universal Mixer/Scaler (RGB video out) —> RGB-to-Component Video Converter -> Stage Monitors (really outdated, I know but they worked with very few issues but time has caught up with them)
My thinking is that BMD products can replace the mixer/switcher/scalers but specifically, can the BMD Smart Videohub Cleanswitch 12x12 be a good candidate or would I need a larger switch. We currently use a Cleanswitch for video routing to other locations but would it (or a larger unit) be better suited. I realize converters will be needed and our setup need not be complicated. A quarter for your thoughts!!
Tyrone Poole

Return to Post Production