A multicam AI tool like the Autopod plugin from Premier

• Author

JakeHorton

A multicam AI tool like the Autopod plugin from Premier

PostSun Aug 13, 2023 3:52 pm

A feature that could automatically change camera angles based on who is talking and cut between them would save hundreds of hours of editing. Having to manually cut between each angle for hours long podcasts is one of the most tedious tasks that could be fairly simple to fix.

Dane-Casp

Re: A multicam AI tool like the Autopod plugin from Premier

PostWed Dec 13, 2023 12:43 pm

honestly some AI edit assist features like that, could be incredible. Do the boring easy editing for us, so we can focus on the fun parts 8-)

If I could edit a wedding ceremony automatically, simple multi cam stuff, gosh that would be a life saver

Philipp Glaninger

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 6:12 pm

+1

Would be nice for so many things like interview with 2 or more people, discussions, podcasts, theater productions.

I would not mind having a tool that looks for talking heads within my multicam Clip and makes some basic editing decisions according to a set of rules that can be set by the user. But unlike Autopod (that seems to focus on separated Audiotracks per Speaker) it should be able to do this with only one Audio track as well.

Thinking about AI tools that already exist like Audiotranscriptions that can separate people by their voice + face recognition + mouth tracking to (all to locate who is or is not speaking) I guess a simple AI multicam editing assistant should be already within reach.
Resolve Studio 18.x / i7 6700k / Windows 10 (64GB Ram) / GeForce GTX 1080TI 11GB / Tangent Wave Tablet / 3 Monitors + 1 Reference Monitor (by Intensity Pro)

Ben Durham

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 1:47 am

+1

Something similar to Autopod in Davinci Resolve would save MILLIONS of cumulative hours for editor. At least for first passes.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests