Resolve support for 10-bit D-Log M?

• Author

AerialEmotions

Resolve support for 10-bit D-Log M?

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 am

Hello

I recently purchased a drone capable of recording in 10-bit D-Log M. However, I was a bit disappointed when I realized that Davinci Resolve does not support 10-bit on Windows for the free version of Davinci. This has therefore resulted in my clips being flickered by a shifting red/yellow-ish colour across the shot when I load my drone clips onto the media bin.

This is therefore an inquiry for the awsome people at Blackmagic to open up for this compatability for all DJI D-log shots on Davinci Resolve. I know this works on the Mac-edition of resolve so it should not be a matter of starving Resolve-users to upgrade to the studio version.

Hope you may implement this soon - best regards a satisfied Resolve-user.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve support for 10-bit D-Log M?

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 am

In the case you raise, there is a license fee for the codec support on some OS and not the other. We wont be able to provide DaVinci Resolve for free if we have to pay fees for each download, so you will need the Studio version.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

deezid

Re: Resolve support for 10-bit D-Log M?

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm

Also D-Log M/D-Cinelike look different on each camera DJI released so far. There's no standardization from DJI when it comes to this.
Download my 55M Advanced Luts for the Pocket 4K and 6K and UMP12K here:
https://55media.net/55mluts/

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests