User Roles for collaboration

• Author

Tobias Heilmann

User Roles for collaboration

PostWed May 08, 2024 8:42 am

Now that cloud collaboration is reaching ever greater potential and the number of people collaborating on a DaVinci Resolve project is increasing, user roles would come in real handy.

Person X is a sound designer - no need to access the color page, fusion page and the cut page. No need to access certain folders, media and timelines not intended for the sound designer.

I would love to define user roles for collaborators and fine tune permission sets accordingly. Ideally I can do this globally on my Organization page in the BMD cloud.

There I can create and setup production templates. I add users to the template and then assign them user roles. Then I can apply the whole template to my projects.

I would also like to create folder structures that are only available to those user roles.

Thank you for listening
Boli Pura Media
Germany/Greece

System Info:

Resolve 19 b2
OS X 14.4,1

Model: Mac Pro 2019
Processor: 3,2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
RAM: 384 GB
GPU: (2) AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Picture out via DeckLink 8K Pro
Audio Out via Motu 112D

ShaheedMalik

Re: User Roles for collaboration

PostWed May 08, 2024 3:58 pm

I can agree with this.

jamedia

PostWed May 08, 2024 7:38 pm

not something I am likey to use but it does make sense certainly in remote collaborations where you have a team strung out in different rooms/buildings/towns/countries.

Would you let users set this on their copy of Resolve or would the "master" ie the person who sets up the project, assign users a role "password" so that when they open the project they have to give a password and that determines their access?
www.JAmedia.uk
[AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]
[ Win 11 home |Resolve Studio V18.6 | Speed Editor via USB | Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen| ]

Tobias Heilmann

PostThu May 09, 2024 12:35 am

jamedia wrote:not something I am likey to use but it does make sense certainly in remote collaborations where you have a team strung out in different rooms/buildings/towns/countries.

Would you let users set this on their copy of Resolve or would the "master" ie the person who sets up the project, assign users a role "password" so that when they open the project they have to give a password and that determines their access?

I can only speak for our projects. We would define these roles in our cloud settings and assign them to users on a project basis from there. But obviously these settings only apply to a user for our own projects. These roles are not assigned to that user in general as he/she might work for other projects and employers in totally different capacities.

The word user is obviously also used on an individual level, for example in the user settings of Resolve. The roles I am talking about would not alter personal preferences a user has set up in the Resolve settings.
Boli Pura Media
Germany/Greece

System Info:

Resolve 19 b2
OS X 14.4,1

Model: Mac Pro 2019
Processor: 3,2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
RAM: 384 GB
GPU: (2) AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Picture out via DeckLink 8K Pro
Audio Out via Motu 112D

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests