Noise Reduction Disabled for the playback/edit

• Author

madajank

Noise Reduction Disabled for the playback/edit

PostThu May 09, 2024 5:08 pm

Hi!

During the editing I have to manually turn off the Noise Reduction on each of my clips to got the smooth playback, I have to remember to manually enable the NR nodes on the clips

May I ask you to got the possibility to turn on/off the NR on the playback?

Thanks!

Marc Wielage

Re: Noise Reduction Disabled for the playback/edit

PostFri May 10, 2024 1:41 am

madajank wrote:Hi! During the editing I have to manually turn off the Noise Reduction on each of my clips to got the smooth playback, I have to remember to manually enable the NR nodes on the clips May I ask you to got the possibility to turn on/off the NR on the playback?

Here's a way you could do this:

1) use a FIxed Node Tree structure for your entire project, and place the NR adjustment in the same node in each across every shot -- for example, Node #10.

2) while color-correcting, keep Node #10 turned off for faster performance.

3) at the very end, when you're ready to render it out, select Node #10 and turn it on, then select all clips and choose Color -> Ripple Node Changes to Selected Clips. That will turn that one node back on in all the shots, provided they all have the exact same node structure.

Bear in mind that adding NR will change the "feel" of the shadows, usually cleaning them up and creating kind of a "straight line" at the bottom. This may change your perception of where the black detail is in the shot, requiring some manual adjustment.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

oliwend

Re: Noise Reduction Disabled for the playback/edit

PostFri May 10, 2024 4:48 am

Marc Wielage wrote:Color -> Ripple Node Changes to Selected Clips. That will turn that one node back on in all the shots, provided they all have the exact same node structure.

Wow, that‘s a great tip
MacBook Pro M1 Max (2021, 16'), MacOS 14.4.1, 64 GB RAM, Resolve Studio 18.6.6/19.0B20

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests