Project Library Batch Backup

• Author

Jesse Garrard

Project Library Batch Backup

PostFri May 10, 2024 5:10 pm

I would love the ability to back up multiple project libraries with a single action.

The agency where I work has a project library for each client, and we have over 50 clients. So anytime we want to back up our Resolve data, someone has to manually go through each and every project library, open the options, click "Back Up," choose a location, confirm the backup, wait for the backup to complete, confirm completion, and do this over and over again until each client's project library is backed up.

Ideally I would like to be able to multiple-select all the project libraries I want to back up, choose a destination once, and hit confirm once. But even if there was a "Back Up All" button without being able to pick and choose project libraries, that would be a HUGE improvement for me.

If for some reason BMD doesn't want this functionality in the integrated project manager window, it should at the very least be an option in the DaVinci Resolve Project Server application.

Also, since this process may take a while, it would be appreciated if a progress bar could be included as well, so we know the batch process is working.

I suppose maybe this is something that could be accomplished with a python script?? But I don't know if there are even API calls for the functions I would need...
W10, ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi, i9-12900K, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB
DVR Studio 19b2, DVR Editor Keyboard, MX Master 3S

Marc Wielage

Re: Project Library Batch Backup

PostSat May 11, 2024 12:03 am

I would bet @Igor Ridanovic would know how to script this.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

Igor Riđanović

Re: Project Library Batch Backup

PostSat May 11, 2024 8:23 am

There are two ways you can do this. You can back up the shared database which requires no Resolve API calls like:
https://github.com/IgorRidanovic/Resolv ... p-Postgres
Or you can use the Resolve API to backup individual projects as DRPs like:
https://github.com/IgorRidanovic/DaVinc ... rtProjects

The latter option will occupy a single seat of Resolve during the export process, but it has an advantage that DRPs are ready to load at any time.

The former option can run in the background on the database server and doesn't Require a Resolve, but the database dump is not as simple to restore as a DRP.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests