Resolve crashing on Media Import with 4 layer as PJ default.

DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta Discussion
  • Author

madchiller

Resolve crashing on Media Import with 4 layer as PJ default.

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 pm

Resolve crashing on Media Import, with 4 node layer stacks, saved as Project default. I saved my default project preset in resolve to use 4 node layer stacks as default, and now Resolve hard crashes on media import. Saving default back to 1 layer stack fixes it... Also I've noticed if I go in and change FPS, and then import, it does not crash. Maybe changing other settings might fix also.. idk... - EDIT - yeah I changed from vertical resolution, and back... no crash on import. Only crashes on fresh load with 4 layer stacks enabled as default...

Also for Tax... I reset the Default PJ settings.. Reloaded... With the reset default Project Settings loaded, I then enabled 4 layer stacks, and saved defaults with only this change... Restarted Resolve and tried to load media... CRASH.... So its definitely the 4 layer stacks option causing it.

Test system - Win 11, Nvidia Studio Driver 552.22. 2 x 1080ti 11gb. 64 gb ram..

I am including crash logs and a couple random Project archives that were created in the trouble shooting process: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Return to DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta