Media Page can't see my handdrive after updated

DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta Discussion
  • Author

kyle624

Media Page can't see my handdrive after updated

PostMon May 06, 2024 9:40 am

I have two SSD using as a working drive, both of them function well between my M1Max Mac book pro and M2 Ultra Studio, but after updated to DR19, I found that one of my SSD cnashow any of the sub-folder inside DR.
But all the files inside are function WELL, I can drag - and -drop the file from finder directly into DR for edit, just it can't show any file I have inside the drive while I am in "Media Page"

here is a pic about what i am talking about
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bqHB2h ... drive_link

In the pic, you can see I have many folders inside the SSD, but none of them were seen inside DR, but if I open some old project which have the footage inside the unseen SSD, they still function normal, I can do edit, color etc. And when I mount my SSD back to my M1 max mac book pro, I can see all the staff normally inside the media page.

Anyone tried this issue before? Thanks for reading my poor english and

Marc Wielage

Re: Media Page can't see my handdrive after updated

PostTue May 07, 2024 8:07 am

How is the hard drive formatted? On Mac OS, they generally recommend using APFS for SSDs. We've had them work OK with HFS+ or APFS.

Which OS are you using? There's also some issues with Sonoma, but that's not a Resolve problem per se.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

Uli Plank

PostTue May 07, 2024 2:53 pm

Those folders with just an underline for a name might be an issue.
Or did you just cover folders you don't want to be seen?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

kyle624

PostWed May 08, 2024 4:35 am

Marc Wielage wrote:How is the hard drive formatted? On Mac OS, they generally recommend using APFS for SSDs. We've had them work OK with HFS+ or APFS.

Which OS are you using? There's also some issues with Sonoma, but that's not a Resolve problem per se.

The ssd is formated in Exfat, but it keep function normally, just one day it suddenly couldn't be seen inside DR with my Mac Studio, but not happen on my M1 Max, both of them are in Sonoma, so it just strange to me. If this is a system issue, the same problem should appear on my M1 as well, moreover, for the format of SSD, i have 4 SSD with same size and same format, only one of it have this issue, so I am just no idea how it happened :cry:

Uli Plank wrote:Those folders with just an underline for a name might be an issue.
Or did you just cover folders you don't want to be seen?

My other SSD and in the same naming method, totally 4 ssd, only one of it have the problem, it just like i did some edit yesterday, and on the second day, the SSD folder suddenly invisible from the media page while the clips are still there and i can import the clip via finder to edit page and do edit, coloring and export it out.

Return to DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta