Cloud Library Not Displaying

DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta Discussion
  • Author

witeshadow

Cloud Library Not Displaying

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 1:31 am

The Cloud Library was not showing on one of my computers, but was showing on the other. Thinking it might help, I disabled the library, but now the website won't enable it.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Cloud Library Not Displaying

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 am

You need to try to recover this from the cloud web login
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

witeshadow

PostMon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:You need to try to recover this from the cloud web login

I thought for sure I'd clicked the backup button before disabling the library, but that is not showing up either.

witeshadow

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 pm

I think I know at least part of what happened. I have my self as a user and also an organization, currently just me, on Blackmagic cloud. I rented a Studio license and assigned it to myself. But, when I logged into Resolve Studio I was given two user options, myself and my org. One has the license the other does not. The one with the license does not have the library and the one without the license does.

Aside from not being able to enable the project, I don't understand why the projects are separate like that. I had multiple users accessing the library in the past but I cannot access it and also have the rented Studio license. Is this correct?

nathanoday

PostWed May 01, 2024 7:37 pm

Something that may or may not be exactly related to your situation but which was helpful to me:

I signed up for a cloud library on the organizations experience, and have been hitting my head against the wall trying to figure out why that cloud library won't show in Resolve, even for me, the creator and owner of the library. After a call with Blackmagic support just now, I learned that cloud libraries using the new organizations feature are only supported on Resolve 19. While it's good to know why it wasn't working, I find it frustrating that they would allow you to pay for a feature that doesn't work in their in-production version of the software. At the very least, there should be a disclaimer on the purchase page saying that Resolve 19 beta is required to use the feature. As it stands, I had to try everything in my toolbox and wait on a support call to find out that the thing they sold us doesn't work yet and doesn't have official support.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited for the new organizations feature as it will be highly relevant to my team's workflow, but it was frustrating to have this put out there without informing people that it's not ready for prime time yet.

witeshadow

PostWed May 01, 2024 9:03 pm

I am on 19 beta on both machines, but one is Studio and the other is not. But I think the problem is related to the 18 vs 19 library availability.

Return to DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta