Feature request for Film Look Designer

DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta Discussion
  • Author

Daniel Rheaume

Feature request for Film Look Designer

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 5:41 pm

Hello!
I've been very much enjoying all the new features in DR19!
Thanks to the dev team for all the great work.

One thing I would like to see with the Film Look Designer is a way to use ONLY
the split tone portion, much like we can currently disable the effecs or color independent of each other.

I like to build my own contrast curves based on whatever reference
I have from the client, but it would be really handy to be able to use the split tone to try a variety of grade ideas quickly without having to also use the overall contrast curve.

Thanks!

madchiller

Re: Feature request for Film Look Designer

PostWed May 01, 2024 4:18 pm

Daniel Rheaume wrote:Hello!
I've been very much enjoying all the new features in DR19!
Thanks to the dev team for all the great work.

One thing I would like to see with the Film Look Designer is a way to use ONLY
the split tone portion, much like we can currently disable the effecs or color independent of each other.

I like to build my own contrast curves based on whatever reference
I have from the client, but it would be really handy to be able to use the split tone to try a variety of grade ideas quickly without having to also use the overall contrast curve.

Thanks!

Please see this thread : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=199529

Daniel Rheaume

PostWed May 01, 2024 4:37 pm

madchiller wrote:Please see this thread : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=199529

Hey Chad! Thanks for posting that thread for reference.
I had seen that, but at the time I hadn't seen any requests specifically for the split tone to have it's own independent control apart from the tone curve. I see now that it has come up in that thread as well. I'm all for those suggestions.

However, I also had seen Captain Hook basically say the tone curve is always going to be baked as part of the film look creator, so I'm going to double down on my original post and say even if we are unable to get independent tone/contrast curve control in Film Look Creator, I still am advocating for a separate control for split tone apart from tone curve.

Best,
-Daniel

madchiller

PostWed May 01, 2024 6:09 pm

Daniel Rheaume wrote:
madchiller wrote:Please see this thread : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=199529

Hey Chad! Thanks for posting that thread for reference.
I had seen that, but at the time I hadn't seen any requests specifically for the split tone to have it's own independent control apart from the tone curve. I see now that it has come up in that thread as well. I'm all for those suggestions.

However, I also had seen Captain Hook basically say the tone curve is always going to be baked as part of the film look creator, so I'm going to double down on my original post and say even if we are unable to get independent tone/contrast curve control in Film Look Creator, I still am advocating for a separate control for split tone apart from tone curve.

Best,
-Daniel

The request I made would do exactly what you wanted.. if the curve was separately adjustable it would be seperate from the split tone .

Hopefully we shall see this move in a positive direction.

Return to DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta