ATEM SDI Extreme ISO - ISO-Recording hotswap?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

floh79

ATEM SDI Extreme ISO - ISO-Recording hotswap?

PostTue May 07, 2024 5:59 pm

Hi everybody,

I was reviewing the manual for our ATEM production system and couldn’t find information on a specific scenario: what happens if the primary disk gets full while a second one is plugged in? Does the ATEM SDI Extreme ISO automatically switch to the second disk as soon as the first one is full?

Additionally, I noticed that the Sandisk Extreme Portable (Pro) is not listed as a supported SSD. I recall it being listed previously; could it have been removed from Blackmagic’s list of supported devices recently?

If anyone has insights on these matters, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,
Floh

floh79

Re: ATEM SDI Extreme ISO - ISO-Recording hotswap?

PostTue May 14, 2024 1:23 pm

Hi,

so nobody experienced until now what happens if a disk got full? Do you have a idea how to "fill" a disk (formatted with Apple OS Extended (Journaled)) without actually writing the disk? Can I create a file with fake size so the disk is almost full?

In the meanwhile I tried with pull out the recording disk while the second one was connected. But as soon the recording disk is pulled out the records stops and Rec-LED goes from red (=recording) to green (=ready). So I have to press the rec button to start again the recording.

Best regards
Floh

Return to Live Production