Shuttle HD teleprompter via studio convertor

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

marcaaroni

Shuttle HD teleprompter via studio convertor

PostThu May 09, 2024 10:01 pm

I want to use the shuttle HD to send prompter scripts to a studio camera 6K pro and output it using the HDMI port. Question is the shuttle HD outputs HD res via HDMI. I need to get this into the studio convertors SDI return 2 port and the unit is currently set to 4K. Do I need to us a 3G or 12G convertor?? My understanding is that the return 2 feed goes to the cameras HDMI port which I can connect to a prompter screen.

Another option is going via the 4K constellation that way I can distribute the prompter content to multiple sources. Will this work??

Either way do I have to upscale the HD signal to 4K for it to be accepted by the studio convertor return 2 or the 4K constellation?
Constellation 4K, ATEM Advanced Panel, VideoHub 20/20, Camera Control, SmartScopes 4K, Ursa Broadcast G2, Studio Camera 6K, Hyperdeck 4K Pro, Ultimatte 12 4K, UltraStudio Mini 4K, Web Presenter 4K

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Shuttle HD teleprompter via studio convertor

PostFri May 10, 2024 10:18 pm

That is a good question. The returns on the Studio Converter do not need to match the camera resolution or frame rate. They do need to be supported rates and resolutions. It is usually best to have Return 1 match the frame rate of the camera but Return 2 can be any of our supported modes. I hope this helps.

Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

marcaaroni

PostSun May 12, 2024 8:28 am

Thanks Gary. That helps a lot. One less convertor or the need for a computer that can output 4K. I Think a regular HD output for the prompter would be more than enough.
I take it that if I wanted to route via the 4K constellation and be able to distribute the signal to multiple cameras the resolution would have to be 4K. Please confirm?
Constellation 4K, ATEM Advanced Panel, VideoHub 20/20, Camera Control, SmartScopes 4K, Ursa Broadcast G2, Studio Camera 6K, Hyperdeck 4K Pro, Ultimatte 12 4K, UltraStudio Mini 4K, Web Presenter 4K

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostSun May 12, 2024 2:03 pm

The return feed to the cameras can be any supported resolution. It is best to match the frame rate. So if the camera is outputting UHD the return can be HD.

Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

marcaaroni

PostSun May 12, 2024 4:24 pm

Hi Gary. What I’m asking is can I send HD Prompter feed into the 4K constellation and then route it to 2 x camera return 2 feeds so I can have the prompter on 2 x cameras. Will the constellation accept HD feeds when it’s set to 2860 25p mode?

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostSun May 12, 2024 7:38 pm

Yes. That will work.

Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production