ATEM HD8 ISO - Stop Record Freeze

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

GURNpj

ATEM HD8 ISO - Stop Record Freeze

PostMon Sep 18, 2023 7:51 pm

Brand new HD8 ISO. Recording 4 cameras in ISO format. Anytime I hit "end" button to stop the recording the record light and button goes solid and doesn't end the recording. No matter how many times I hit either record or end it will not stop. The whole rest of the system still functions fine. Only thing I can do is pull the plug and reboot. At that point I can record again but will be faced with the same result.

I should note the files are able to be moved and opened just fine. I should also note that I have formatted the internal storage and this did not solve the issue. Also no available firmware update. on 9.0.1 I think. I downloaded last week's 9.2 but it doesn't prompt an update when I connect via Setup.

bdigital

Re: ATEM HD8 ISO - Stop Record Freeze

PostMon Feb 12, 2024 4:14 pm

I'm seeing the same issue on my ISO 8. Wer eyou able to find a solution?

Pagontour

PostMon May 06, 2024 1:43 pm

Having the exact same problem, Short recording times fine but anything longer (10 min or more) the record button freezes up and the only way to recover is to pull power. Obviously loosing all records.
I have spend $500 in hard drives from the "Recommended List" in order for this to work. NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have lost valuable records and this can't be trusted!! We need answers / solution please.

Domscillator

PostTue May 07, 2024 10:38 pm

I have just experienced the same issue with the ATEM Mini Pro ISO over here just a couple of hours ago.

I've been recording for 1hr 50min and when I hit stop, ATEM would refuse to stop recording on the SSD (approved Samsung T5), and we completely lost the recording.

Some insights into what's going on would be great.

Kevin_L_Jones

PostWed May 08, 2024 8:16 pm

We experienced similar problems with records at an event last year. What we found was that the USB-C cables going to our SSD drives were ver 2.0. These data rates require ver 3.1 I believe in order to work properly. We replaced our USB-C cables and have had no additional problems.

USB 2.0. 480 Mbps (megabits per second)
USB 3.0. 5 Gbps (gigabits per second)
USB 3.1 Gen 1. 5 Gbps
USB 3.1 Gen 2 10 Gbps

Domscillator

PostWed May 08, 2024 10:20 pm

Kevin_L_Jones wrote:We experienced similar problems with records at an event last year. What we found was that the USB-C cables going to our SSD drives were ver 2.0. These data rates require ver 3.1 I believe in order to work properly. We replaced our USB-C cables and have had no additional problems.

USB 2.0. 480 Mbps (megabits per second)
USB 3.0. 5 Gbps (gigabits per second)
USB 3.1 Gen 1. 5 Gbps
USB 3.1 Gen 2 10 Gbps

In my case the cable is right.
The same cable gives full speeds measured with Blackmagic Speed test too.
Definitely not USB2.0 cables here.

Return to Live Production